Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody asks me why I chose to be a premium member.

It's partly the better download servers

partly the prestige...

Mostly, I think it's because the nexus is awesome, and it being funded at least in part by my buying premium is something special to me.

I far far prefer a pattern of slow growth and improvement, polishing and cleaning to the usual business model of "ZOMG, we must release something new every month or our shareholders will have fatal heart-attacks!"

I think the deliberate decision to avoid shareholders and avoid the focus on money is wonderful, you provide an excellent service, the up-time I've experienced (logging in almost every day, every week, every month for nearly two years) has been excellent. Sure you're down sometimes, but as you noted, Steam has a comparable record.

If I thought I had something to contribute beyond buying premium, I'd love to join your team and help out more. but I don't, so I'll keep to my general low-key support and modding fanaticism :P

I don't care, just make it work... btw downloads are broken at the moment- this is the worst pile of crap I’ve ever used and you should be ashamed... hehe

JUST KIDDING! I love this site and the community here and very much admire the motivations behind it. I would not even consider using the Workshop. And I have not noticed many problems at all since I started playing again this month.

I don't usually read the news feeds, but it was interesting reading this and gaining some perspective into where the site is going. Good luck on the server clustering and everything else!

Edited by andrewpk

It's honestly heart-warming to read through someone else's philosophy and find something so noble. I believe you're right, the reason people are so supportive is because you and your team are just as supportive. People (mostly as a whole) hate big companies because they are out to make that next buck and the "little people" (consumers) are just fodder for the dosh cannon. But to run a business mostly out of pocket, for gamers, by gamers, goes to show that there is a level of greater good out there that we all strive for as programmers/developers/artists/gamers.

Just really wanted to stop and drop a personal thank you for all the time and hard work you guys put into the nexus and wish you all the best in the coming year! Thanks again guys! Keep on the good fight.

You guys rule, been thinking about supporting the site with a premium membership, maybe I'll get to it soon. Still have to organize all my school funds but it won't be long until I know if I can or not.

Thanks for everything. This site is one of my top 6 visited sites according to Chrome. Must say something good about it, eh?