Can Serena change into Vampire Lord?

HarryJPotter

As far as I know - no, she doesn't have the power to turn into a Vampire Lord (or maybe a Vampire Lady in her case), even though she is a pure-blooded Vampire by herself. Seeing as Harkon did it more than once, I'd guess it's something only male Vampires from ancient clans like Volkihar can do, provided they are powerful enough. That's lore-wise, of course, I'm pretty sure that if you play as a female character in Skyrim and did join the Vampires, you can turn yourself as well.

So, again: Serana can't turn herself into a Vampire Lord, I suppose you'd need a mod for that.

As far as I know - no, she doesn't have the power to turn into a Vampire Lord (or maybe a Vampire Lady in her case), even though she is a pure-blooded Vampire by herself. Seeing as Harkon did it more than once, I'd guess it's something only male Vampires from ancient clans like Volkihar can do, provided they are powerful enough. That's lore-wise, of course, I'm pretty sure that if you play as a female character in Skyrim and did join the Vampires, you can turn yourself as well.

So, again: Serana can't turn herself into a Vampire Lord, I suppose you'd need a mod for that.

I'd say that if she doesn't change into a vampire lord, its not because she can't lore wise, but she doesn't because of gameplay.

I'd say that if she doesn't change into a vampire lord, its not because she can't lore wise, but she doesn't because of gameplay.

Yes, you're right and I also think of it that way. I was just trying to come up with some, let's say, deeper explanation than just "no, she can't because Bethesda won't let her do that" though. ;)

There was a mod named Serana Secret that would do this, there was a few problems (mainly most vampires in Volkihar Keep turning hostile if you used VL form there) and more than a few complaints and has been hidden for some time now.

Kinda unrelated but it always bothered me. How does the doorman at Castle Volkihar know who Serana is when she's been gone for thousands of years? The guy obviously isn't a vampire himself so there's no way he was alive the last time she was there.

Kinda unrelated but it always bothered me. How does the doorman at Castle Volkihar know who Serana is when she's been gone for thousands of years? The guy obviously isn't a vampire himself so there's no way he was alive the last time she was there.

Well, there were some Vampires in Dimhollow Crypt, probably looking for a way to free Serana and bring her back to the castle on Harkon's orders and thus elevate their position on his vampiric court, so maybe Harkon told the doorman to be on a lookout for anyone approaching the castle through the Icewater Jetty, especially a young, pale, raven-haired woman (Serana). It's just a guess, of course, but I think there are rather few people who know about Volkihar Castle (even if it's not exactly hidden per se), so there was a big chance that anyone actually approaching it by sea would be either Serana and those other Vampires or Serana herself.