We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

mods not loading in when i start the game

Swordsguy2010

Hi, i made a simple as all hell mod, where i gave Creeper and the Mudcrab merchant some extra scratch to throw around. it was blisteringly easy to make so i'm not really sure wth is the matter here but, when i go to the creatures in game they still have there default amount of money. the mod is made its in the data folder, just like the other ones i have, that work just fine and yet the game just refuses to load the mod i made.Whats the deal?

is there a limit to how much you can allow merchants to hold? like, 99999 gold and thats it, because i gave Creeper 5 million to use, could that be it?

There are already plenty similar mods.

Did you check for conflicts using TES plugin conflict detector?

yeah i know there are a few other mods that do the same thing, i had the same issue with them as well. thats why i just tried to make my own. and yet it still doesn't work and i have no idea why? and of course theres no conflicts, this is the only mod i have that does what it does. so how would there be conflicts?

if you already encountered the creeper in game. probably previous creeper money has been stored in your saved game. Think about a saved game as a mod that is always loaded last, such overwriting some of your mods changes.
in short, you cannot change some things from a mod in this way if you have already changed them during gameplay, they would work only from a new game. You could probably script the money change as workaround, but that is more difficult than changing the money field in the construction set.

There are already plenty similar mods.

Did you check for conflicts using TES plugin conflict detector?

yeah i know there are a few other mods that do the same thing, i had the same issue with them as well. thats why i just tried to make my own. and yet it still doesn't work and i have no idea why? and of course theres no conflicts, this is the only mod i have that does what it does. so how would there be conflicts?

Who says there is a conflict?

I once had an issue with Ajira when using RoTH and after I searched for Ajira in TESPCD it turns out to be something in RoTH that caused my issue.

Is there anything in the Warnings.txt file, except for the harmless errors of course?

I once had an issue with Ajira when using RoTH and after I searched for Ajira in TESPCD it turns out to be something in RoTH that caused my issue.

Is there anything in the Warnings.txt file, except for the harmless errors of course?

TESPCD?? RoTH?? Look, don't spout out Random words and expect people to know wtf you're talking about. Say the full name first, and then if your comment continues and if the name is mentioned again THEN abbreviate it. i mean why the hell do people do that? sorry, don't mean to be rude er whatever, its just...wtf you know? like wtf is RoTH? rain of the hearth? Rights of the Hamlet? like, What?

Edited by Swordsguy2010

TESPCD?? RoTH?? Look, don't spout out Random words and expect people to know wtf you're talking about. Say the full name first, and then if your comment continues and if the name is mentioned again THEN abbreviate it. i mean why the hell do people do that? sorry, don't mean to be rude er whatever, its just...wtf you know? like wtf is RoTH? rain of the hearth? Rights of the Hamlet? like, What?

The elder scrolls plugin conflict detector

Rise of house Telvanni

Well. To be honest ROHT is not as easy to google as TESPCD and Leonardo typed the ROHT acronym wrong, but anyway TESPCD (full name first in previous post Swordsguy2010 even quoted), suggestion is valid, best tool for checking mod conflicts:

from TESPCD:

1. File\Choose Active Plugins

2. remove your mod from the Plugin Files folder

3. Checktype\Single Versus

4. add your mod to the master plugin folder

5. press the red arrow icon

this should show you possible conflicts (if any detected) of your mod with the other mods in your loading list

Anyone can make a mistake and I made a mistake, so if you want help from someone or anyone for that matter then I would appreciate more friendier attitude. :ermm: