Heroes Of The North

Macman253

Tenibrus set the plan in motion. Over the following days, he kept in constant contact with the imperials, giving the location and paths of 'supply carts,' carts sent on his orders and consisting mainly of his own property or leftovers from the previous tenants of the city. It was quite convenient for him, he simply moved around his own furniture, supplies and goods and got rid of things that the Brethren didn't really want anymore. The legion was almost his own personal moving company, getting a large portion of his possessions to Solitude where his connections saw to it that the finest goods were transferred to Selene at the embassy. Tenibrus also helped the legion make several raids on different ruins, towers and caves in the region. These vampire lairs belonged to enemies of the Brethren rather than the Brethren themselves. The vampire was carefully orchestrating the run around for the legion, as the Brethren relocated and re-organized. It was all going according to plan...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eykthain decided to go back to the Inn to see if Eireen had waken up or not. When he entered the Inn the door to their room was open and there were no sign of his daughter. He heard a voice behind him.

"Your daughter refused to exit the room at the appointed time. I tried unlocking the door, but was met with nothing but curses and violence, I dared not open the door again in fear of my own life. You should teach that girl some manners. Dunmer."

Eykthain did not turn around, not until the Inn keeper had finished talking. He could barely swallow his anger. "You are lying... I can see it in your eyes. She´s just a girl for gods sake! There were no need to call the guards, Eireen is not a violent girl."

"Look into the room once again and prove me wrong Dunmer! She did that and no one else."

Eykthain wanted nothing but to grab the man and slam him into the nearest wall and beat him to pieces, but he didn´t. It would only make things worse.

"Where did they take her?"

"The castle dungeon of course! Go and reunite with your devil of a daughter, Dunmer Scum! I don´t want to see you ever again!"

The Nordic Inn keeper knew that he had an advantage. Eykthain were close to getting in trouble already, the Nords used everything they could find to get the Dunmers out of the city or into jail. Lying, murder, beating Dunmers until they lied willingly, there were nothing that the Nords wouldn´t do. Windhelm was their city, their rules, they had the upper hand. But they would not take his daughter, he would not let them.

He made his way towards the castle. When he entered castle hall he got stopped by guards.

"Halt! Why do you enter the castle of the True High King uninvited?!" They had their swords drawn, ready to protect their King.

"Wouldn´t say that to a Nord" He thought. "I want to visit a prisoner."

"That will be 100 gold coins." The guard stretched out his open palm, waiting for the gold.

100 gold coins to visit my own daughter?! If I were to say that its my daughter, I bet it would cost one hell of a lot more.

"Well?" The guard said.

"Let him pass." A voice echoed through the hall, it was Ulfric himself, who had seen Eykthain enter. "Come. I shall sort your problem."

The guards moved out of the way and Eykthain approached Ulfric who sat on the cold, uncomfortable stone throne of Windhelm.

"What seems to be the problem Dunmer?"

Eykthain removed his cowl, and noticed that Ulfric´s gaze shifted for a moment, not for long, but long enough for Eykthain to see it.

"Who is your father Dunmer?" The King said in a condescending tone.

"I am not here to talk about my family, I want to visit a prisoner."

"You do whatever I want you to do, now answer me. I want to know the name of your father."

"Ervas Rel´vani. I am but a farmers son." Eykthain added to the act by kneeling slowly.

"So I see, what do you want son of Relvani?"

"I wish to meet my daughter, she was taken prisoner."

"For what?"

"A crime so horrible, that your men had no other choice than to imprison her at an instant. She accidentally overslept att the local Inn and the owner called the guards. And thats what brought me here."

"Watch your tongue Dunmer, you shall show respect to me, the King, and my people. But very well, that was no reason to imprison her, I shall see what I can do." Ulfric gestured to his steward, and he came to the King´s side.

The steward were assigned to lead Eykthain to the dungeon and see that everything went smooth.

They went to the dungeon and the steward told the guard to open the door and let them in."Here you go, find your prisoner and then come back to me."

Eykthain went straight into the dungeon, it was dirty and smelled of sweat and...feces. Eireen were in the second cell from the door.

"Dad! She yelled in surprise."

"Yes, its me. I have come to get you out of here."

He went back to the steward. "Its her. Can you release her?"

"Ah, the oversleeper, if the King weren´t so just, who knows where she could have ended up? You should thank him some time."

"And her weapons?"

The steward nodded towards a guard that fetched the weapons and brought them to Eykthain.

"Thank you."

When they had gotten outside, and out of hearing range, Eykthain told Eireen that they couldn´t stay in Windhelm any longer, things were going bad, and they should leave at once.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ulfric had recognised the Dunmer man. He lied worse than a donkey. He knew far too well who the man was. Eykthain Rightain, son of the Imperial General Eyrevehn Rightain. The oversleeping girl that his guards had put in prison seems to have been the granddaughter of the general. Named Eireen. This could prove useful. Ulfric sent a couple of his best troops to stalk the Dunmers from afar. He wanted to keep them under surveillance at all times from now on, a hostage with ties to the Imperials could prove very useful in determining the outcome of the war.

Edited by Niborino9409