Heroes Of The North

Macman253

Eireen listened to Anna as she told the tale of her past. Eireen realised how different they actually were, Anna had been a noble that realised that her way of life was not the path she were destined to go through. Instead she had become an author. Eireen on the other hand had been trained in combat, a girl hardened for war. Her profession weren´t in writing books, recording history or make up stories about heroes long forgotten, it was in the midst of it all, amongst warriors, shields and swords.

"You have an exciting past Anna. Don´t you miss your old life? Or more importantly, your family?"

Edited by Niborino9409

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Enough waiting!" Sophos shouted "There is no rest for the legion, we march for Markarth, we will put these vampiric bastards back into the grave." Sophos turned on his horse, and rode off his soldiers marching after him. They passed through Morthal on the way, the legion had exterminated the stormcloak presence, but with high costs. The cobble street which ran through it was pilled with bodies. He was glad when they had made it through, the stench disturbed his mind. Gaius had rode down to Markarth as Sophos had left for Morthal. Sophos plan was to meet up with Proculus, Gaius and their soldiers near Markarth and seize it for the empire. Not only would he have secured a safe route up from cyrodiil, but he would also have control of the silver mines, which could be used to generate money so the empire could buy weapons, Armour and pay their soldier wages. Sophos had his hand laid on FrostFangs hilt as he rode, often shouting to the soldiers to hurry. If Gaius, Proculus and himself joined their forces, they would have enough man power to sieze the city. Or at least that was the plan Gaius and Corvus had discussed with him before they departed for their different destinations.

It had been several days since Selene and Tenibrus had retaken the embassy, it was now looking quite splendid and preparations were under way for the first gathering they would hold. The two vampires had been quick to remodel the decrepit facility, Tenibrus used his considerable resources to furnish the building and have it in pristine condition for the reception of Skyrim's nobility. It was coming along nicely, now he left the details to Selene and her devices. Now he needed to make some of his own power plays, beyond a simple alliance. It was time.

Tenibrus had kept up a regular correspondence with his contacts in Markarth and the plan was going excellently. Now all he needed to do was get a hold of the legion to cement his course of action. He learned of the young commander Sophos and his march at Morthal. When he had gained news of this he informed Selene that he would have to ride for a time, anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks. He set out and intercepted Sophos and his centuri.

As the vampire road up he raised his hand and hollered from a distance. The sun was up but it was rather overcast so he did not struggle, plus he was flush with blood from a few farm folk that he found the other night. They were still quite among the living and he had the courtesy to cure them of the disease that would transform into his affliction before they even noticed it. Such was his way. He despised having to prey on them while they slept. There was no sport or challenge in it. Normally he used his charisma and force of personality to make his 'donors' willing before drinking from them. His power was ample enough to allow for the masking of his teeth and other vampiric features with reasonable ease.

Tenibrus approached and called out, "Hail Sophos! I wish to parlay with you! I have business which pertains to Markarth and I believe we could both benefit from this council. What say you?" Tenibrus used all of his usual charisma but tried to suppress his vampiric powers, lest they lead to premature discovery. He imagined that Sophos would learn soon enough but no need to catch him off guard and put him in a fluster.

Anna smiled slightly and replied in a friendly tone. "Not particularly... well, of course i miss my siblings and my parents greatly, but i was just a burden with them. I sometimes miss the parties and the luxury of staying in the manor all day but... I feel that is all behind me now, my life is much better where it is now, and we have to learn from the past, to be sure not make those mistakes later on."

The Embassy, now renamed the Imperial Grand Consulate, had, with Tenibrus's wealth and assistance, flourished into a far greater building than it had ever been, back in it's prime under the Thalmor. While they spared no expense, Selene had made sure she had overly equipped for the rich. Only the most exquisite of... well everything was brought in, making the areas available to visiting Nobles like a visit to a palace.

Elenwen's old Solar had been taken over by Selene, serving as her personal quarters, and the prisons beneath made for perfect torture chambers, and cattle pens, removed enough, and restricted enough that the guests would not find out what acts befell victims who held back information, their screams had no where to go, and no one would hear them cry out for help. The troll in the cave beneath was always kept... well fed to say the least.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

"The centuriae shall halt!" Sophos called back, and his soldiers ground to a halt behind him. "Hail Citizen. It would seem you know my name, but that I do not know yours. State your name and your business, but be quick about it. I must hurry in the direction of Markarth, lest i miss the fight entirely." Sophos said, he rode forwards on his horse until he was about 7 meters away from Tenibrus. Something was off about this one, then it hit him "Wait... you were with the lady Strident back in Solitude? What are you doing out here in the Reach?" He asked inquisitively

Eireen smiled faintly as she listened to Anna. "Indeed, we should. Although I doubt I will be able to separate from my parents that easily, I would miss them too greatly." She went quiet and drank some tea, the tea weren´t as hot now, and the amount of tea had sunk to half the cup. She lowered the cup and looked at the window, to see if the darkness were still present or if dawn were about to make its entrance.

"I remember how you opened the gate earlier. If its not too much to ask, would it be possible to learn how to do that? My fire spells only become an unstoppable fire storm."

"I dare not use it. I need to be next to a lake if I am to use one." She said, laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Eykthain suddenly woke up, he had a nightmare, he did not normally have nightmares, but this time he had. He dreamt of darkness, he were in a dark corridor but it was not entirely dark there, for he had a lit torch, but he saw only 1 metre ahead of him. Walking blindly, he happened upon a door, but it was locked, as he kicked it it flew into the room that it guarded. The door hit the wall on the other side, but Eykthain saw not the impact, he heard only the sound of the door hitting wood, the creaking, awful sound of wood breaking against wood and glass. The room he now entered had a window where the moon shone through, the light reached into half the room, making three chairs visible. Three wooden chairs, empty. A voice came from behind.

"I have been waiting for you, Dunmer." The voice were darker than his own, not mortal either, it came from a dead throath, a deseased mans throath. He turned around only to see nothing, but the voice echoed through the room again. And as he turned around he saw its origin, on the middle chair. It was the vampire he had killed several days ago, its neck still broken, but its head still moved, talked and blinked. He rose and looked straight at Eykthain. "You. I am coming for you, you are not safe, your daughter is not safe, no one is, not even your wife." The vampire lifted his arms to his sides, as if he were to ascend. However he did not fly away, he clenched his fists and they started to glow with a red shine. He lowered his fists and pointed them towards Eykthain, the red energy hit Eykthain and drained his stamina until he fell to his knees, he could feel his heart becoming weaker by the moment. And the darkness came closer and closer until it embraced him completely. Shortly thereafter he woke up.

"A dream. It was all a dream." He looked at Eireens bed, it was empy, the axe lay on the sheet, but not her dagger."She listened..."

"This time the vampire will get what he deserve." He thought as he went to sleep again.

Edited by Niborino9409

Anna raised an eyebrow and said "You don't strike me as a mage , Eireen... and it isn't a fire spell, it's called disintegration. Most mages use it against armour and weapons, but i found it most useful against locks. I'm afraid i'm nothing of a teacher, i don't know where i could even start, i learnt it many years ago when i was still studying, so i suppose you might be able to buy a spell tome from a trader, or a travelling mage. But i don't have one on me, and spells are rather difficult to teach without the proper tomes." She said, sorry to disappoint Eireen.

"Well, it looks like dawn is on the rise, and i think i should be going. I've seen enough of this city to last me a lifetime. Hopefully i'll meet you again, Eireen, it's been a true pleasure." Anna smiled broadly, putting her velvet cloak back over her shoulders, and fastening the clasp. She gathered up all of her equipment, and gave Eireen a final nod, before leaving the inn.

She walked down the steps of Candlehearth hall, and out of the gates of Windhelm, she pulled up her hood as the icy winds blew once more, making her way carefully over the long bride that connected windhelm to Eastmarch, heading towards the carriage driver, intent on making a trip to the other capital city, Solitude.

Tenibrus remained at the respectful distance that Sophos had established. "I am Tenibrus Mortuus, I have connections in Markarth and I think we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. You want Markarth ruled by the Empire and I can give that to you. I only ask for some time give me one week and I will have the means to deliver it to you on a silver platter. One battle, one negotiation and the city is yours. If you attack it head on you will never win. The rulers of that city are far too powerful for a direct assault and the city is nigh impregnable as it is without their power. Stay your legions for now and let me set the political wheels in motion. Then, when I have finished my work you can attack a target they would hate to lose but is less strongly defended and you will draw them out for parlay." Tenibrus smiled broadly. He kept his voice at such a level that only Sophos could hear him and not the countless men behind him.

"Call of the assault and you will have the city in a fortnight with far less blood shed, I guarantee it. As you noted I was with the lady Strident, so you know I have power and friends in high places. I can get the job done. have no fear."

"I see. Really, I am not a mage...Oh, yes, it has been a real pleasure! Hopefully we will meet again!" Eireen watched as Anna walked down the stairs and out of the Inn. Now she should really head back to her room. As pleasant as the talk may have been, she began to feel tired. She drank up the tea and put the mug on the Inn keepers counter and went inside the room they had hired. She changed to her pyjamas and went to bed, falling asleep instantly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eykthain woke up at the seventh our of morning, feeling well rested even though he had lost 150 septims. But it was a necessary loss. He noticed that Eireen lay sleeping on the bed opposite to his, she had kicked the quilt off her. Eykthain did not care to put it back on her, instead he laid her dagger on the table next to the bed and wrote a note saying where he went and why.

Eireen, I am going to see how Ambarys is doing, going to see if he has some information about the murder yesterday. Don´t worry about me. I will lock the door and push the key under the door, so no one will disturb you, but you have to leave the room before dawn. If you run into trouble, go to the New Gnisis Cornerclub, tell Ambarys your last name and he will do what he can to help. Its in the middle of the Gray Quarters.

I will not leave Windhelm, and you should not either.

//Eykthain

He left to meet the harsh wind and snow of Windhelm. Hopefully Ambarys had some information, anything at all would be helpful.

Edited by Niborino9409

Tenibrus remained at the respectful distance that Sophos had established. "I am Tenibrus Mortuus, I have connections in Markarth and I think we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. You want Markarth ruled by the Empire and I can give that to you. I only ask for some time give me one week and I will have the means to deliver it to you on a silver platter. One battle, one negotiation and the city is yours. If you attack it head on you will never win. The rulers of that city are far too powerful for a direct assault and the city is nigh impregnable as it is without their power. Stay your legions for now and let me set the political wheels in motion. Then, when I have finished my work you can attack a target they would hate to lose but is less strongly defended and you will draw them out for parlay." Tenibrus smiled broadly. He kept his voice at such a level that only Sophos could hear him and not the countless men behind him.

"Call of the assault and you will have the city in a fortnight with far less blood shed, I guarantee it. As you noted I was with the lady Strident, so you know I have power and friends in high places. I can get the job done. have no fear."

"I am not in favour of marching my Centuriae back and forth across Skyrim to no avail. Nor am I in favour of a vampiric kingdom. But I am even less in favour of putting by men through battle after battle with no rest." Sophos said, he shifted on his horse "Very well, Mortuus, you shall have your week. If there are no results after that, I shall bash down the gates of Markarth and take the city by storm. But should your little plan work, send a messenger to Solitude." Sophos turned to face his soldiers again "Men! We march for solitude." He shouted, then pointed to one of them "No, not you. I have a message for you to deliver." The veteran soldier he had called to approached Sophos

"What'd you need of me, sir?"

"You head along the path we were taking, until you come across the army. Once you reach them, tell them to call off the attack and meet me in solitude. Then you march back with them. Get going"

"With all due haste" The soldier turned and ran off in the direction Sophos was originally taking, whilst Sophos centuriae marched off down another road, tired but relieved. Sophos was glad that their was a more tactful way of this, but he wasn't sure what he thought of this Mortuus. He would have to look into this matter, but he could feel that something about this man wasn't normal.