Character build - Restoration Knight

Dubnoman

maces are rubbish, nothing has significant armour rating. if you want a bit of extra power and a more knight-like feel you should install 'lost longswords'.

It's not really the weapon itself that's trash: it's the associated perks. Hack and Slash, Bonebreaker and Bladesman are all practically wasted perks considering what good they do (because like you said, nothing has significant armor rating and the other two scale very, very poorly).

I have a revised build. http://skyrimcalculator.com/254387

I'd recommend skipping Reflect Blows, Matching Set, Tower of Strength (doesn't work AT ALL in vanilla) and possibly Well Fitted (and 1-5 ranks of Juggernaut) depending on what type of armor and/or shield you plan on using. I would also recommend skipping Conditioning, Cushioned and Fists of Steel unless you plan on using a standing stone instead of the Steed Stone (after you have finished leveling all your important skills of course). Two things I would recommend are Quick Reflexes and Shield Charge (although I'd skip the 5/5 Shield Wall because it just isn't necessary). Skip the 1h weapon based perks entirely (axe/mace/sword) as they're all worthless. As for the speech perks, personally I would skip 5/5 Haggling in favor of something like 1/5 Haggling/Allure/Merchant/Investor and maybe a few points in Pickpocket for 1/5 Light Fingers/Night Thief/Extra Pockets, but that just comes down to what utility perks you would prefer, if any (I prefer extra carrying capacity over everything else).

maces are rubbish, nothing has significant armour rating. if you want a bit of extra power and a more knight-like feel you should install 'lost longswords'.

It's not really the weapon itself that's trash: it's the associated perks. Hack and Slash, Bonebreaker and Bladesman are all practically wasted perks considering what good they do (because like you said, nothing has significant armor rating and the other two scale very, very poorly).

I have a revised build. http://skyrimcalculator.com/254387

I'd recommend skipping Reflect Blows, Matching Set, Tower of Strength (doesn't work AT ALL in vanilla) and possibly Well Fitted (and 1-5 ranks of Juggernaut) depending on what type of armor and/or shield you plan on using. I would also recommend skipping Conditioning, Cushioned and Fists of Steel unless you plan on using a standing stone instead of the Steed Stone (after you have finished leveling all your important skills of course). Two things I would recommend are Quick Reflexes and Shield Charge (although I'd skip the 5/5 Shield Wall because it just isn't necessary). Skip the 1h weapon based perks entirely (axe/mace/sword) as they're all worthless. As for the speech perks, personally I would skip 5/5 Haggling in favor of something like 1/5 Haggling/Allure/Merchant/Investor and maybe a few points in Pickpocket for 1/5 Light Fingers/Night Thief/Extra Pockets, but that just comes down to what utility perks you would prefer, if any (I prefer extra carrying capacity over everything else).

I followed some of your advice on the perk calculator. This is what I ended up with. http://skyrimcalculator.com/254857

The questions I ask are for anyone in this thread.

I have perks to spare with this build, so I kept the perks in haggling. I might need 5/5 in haggling and allure. I don't want money via very easy means. I could pump perks into alchemy and be rich from selling potions, but that wouldn't be fun. I want to get most of my money from adventuring and finding loot and selling loot. That'd be a more fun way to get money. The lockpicking perks Golden Touch and Treasure Hunter will help me to make more money. Since I won't have a get rich scheme, having several perks in haggling will do good for me, as I'll be spending a lot of money on healing potions and resist shock and resist fire potions.

I dunno what to do about Extra Pockets. I'd like this perk, but my character won't be a pickpocket, so it'd be out of character to have her going around picking pockets until she reaches level 50 in the skill so that she can have that perk. I could raise my carry capacity via the bandolier mod, a backpack mod I found, and via The Steed Stone.

I want to use The Steed Stone. Should I activate The Warrior Stone and stick with that until I get high levels in heavy armor and one-handed, and then go for The Steed Stone, or should I go for the Steed Stone right away? Not worth it? It is better to just raise my warrior skills first?

I have perks to spare. The perk calculator link only goes up to level 40. What should I spend perks on? Should I put some perks into two-handed if I have nothing else to invest in? I wouldn't mind having some fun with some two-handed swords.

Should I get paralyzing strike, or is it too cheap? Is shield charge too cheap, or will both those perks really come in handy with higher level enemies?

Edited by Dubnoman