Want a new game :S

Syntax1985

ive been after a new game for a while but nothing seems to grab my fancy really, the age of the game isnt an issue, im not fussed about "cutting edge graphics" and the ability to reflect light of a gun.

I guess im looking for a action RPG on the pc really, as going by my personal fav games that have actually held my attention from start to finish =

Star Ocean

Star wars : Kotor / kotor 2, Force unleashed

Final fantasy : 7, 8, 10 ( didn't care much for others )

Elder scrolls: morrowind, oblivion

Fallout :1,2,3 + tactics

Vampire: The vampire masquerade

Mass Effect

Just wondering if anyone knows any similar titles on the pc? i don't own oblivion on pc, i got it on my 360 thinking my comp couldn't handle it, but seeing as im playing Fo3 on medium settings with no probs im tempted to pick it up due to mods. how ever i am more seduced by "futuristic" rpgs like star ocean or the kotor series, years of playing the D+D series ( baldurs gate, never winter etc ) swords and fireballs get a boring after a while.

Galaxies, even post-cu i find to be a blast, there's just so much to do, u can lvl up your flight skills, get trading, bounty hunting etc, but unfortunately the last time i played it was about a year ago, and it seemed to many people are still bitter about the re-furb, which meant it was pretty much dead. anyone still play this know if its picked up in popularity?

Any insight/adivise would be appreciated

You might try "Space Siege". haven't had a chance to try it but it sounds like one you might like.

On Oblivion: if you do go PC be prepared that you may need to take the settings down a notch when compared with FO3.

Hey space siege look pretty fun, its D+D style controls but it seems really fast paced. gonna pick it up next time im in town thanks for that suggestion!

as for oblivion, im pretty sure one of my friends has got it so il find out if so and use his copy, if it works il go grab one cheap. i kinda thought if i could run Fo3 ES:3 would be easy lol.

I'd also recommend The Witcher - its not a very well known game, but its an excellent rpg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_(video_game)

Only think, make sure you get the Enhanced Edition - its basically the same game, but it fixes a lot of the problems it had, and adds a LOT of new stuff to improve the overall quality. Well worth getting, if you can find it.

i actually own that game xD , never tried it tho, picked it up a while ago on a 3 for the price of 2 offer when i was grabbing never winter nights complete for a lan party lol. that and spellforce, but my comp doesn't like the protection on the spell force disks. shame that looks pretty sweet.

ty for reminding me and advise , gonna install it tonight.

Some good games that fall under linkage of those games (science fiction, thriller, and FPS) are: Doom 3, system shock 2 (old game), alien vs predator 2 + primal hunt expansion (old game), clive barker's jericho, Devil May Cry (1,2,3, and i believe a 4 is out), FEAR (has 2 expansions), Left4dead, unreal tournament 3, bioshock, crysis, portal, half life (any), battlefield 2, prey, Halo 3, Supreme commander, quake... gah, the list goes on and on...

Archived