Increase NPC/Creature's range

clanky4

Is there any way to increase or maximize the range at which an NPC/Creature will use a ranged weapon?

I have an NPC/creature with 10 perception and with a weapon that is supposed to be used at long range, but even when they detect an enemy they will still approach them before firing. I have made a custom Combat Style for it:

https://i.ibb.co/njzPDD7/artillery-CS.jpg

artillery-CS.jpg

Any assistance would be appreciated.

In the creatures tab, you will find an Aggro Radius stat on the AI tab when you try to edit a creature. You can override it there to see if it helps. Otherwise there are Game Settings that can help but will change the behaviour of all NPCs, fAIUseWeaponDistance should set the maximum distance NPC shoot their weapons from.

Edit: A little note about the Aggro Radius, It only works for creatures and not NPCs

Edited by UnvalidUserName

Thank you everyone for the responses.

he weapon that creature/NPC were using was "based" on the eyebot laser which had a really short range that the creature would use it at. So I changed the the minimum range of the weapon to 300 and the maximum range to 4000 and now it seems to be firing at a decent range. Still approaches a bit but it is nowhere near as bad as it was.

When I went higher than 4000 the game crashed. That could have just as easily been because i spawned 20 creatures though.

To get more integral , you would have to adjust the combat style.

(don't reccomend doing that)

Yes the weapon they use is the place to adjust min /max use distance.

But those are suggestive in nature, not explicit.

What makes them run around per se and how often to fire... is the combat style mostly.

Meaning the weapon stats/distance is secondary in consideration. So setting it , you have to realize is just what they are going to gravitate towards as they use the weapon.

I am not trying to dissuade you from tampering with the combat styles.

In fact I would encourage it.

Just know it's going to be a big thing unto itself getting it right.

But you can always just not use the edits on those cuz you made back ups without ; )