Editing a modded skin

tucangunner

So I've been looking for a realistic nude mod and realized not a single one contains an anus, and decided to add them myself. I have the .dds plugin for Photoshop so I can edit modded skins. After adding an anus and saving it, the file size is much bigger than the original and my changes never show in-game. It keeps showing the old nude texture as if I made no changes at all, which is weird since I took the old .dds out so it can't read from that anymore...

How can I get my changes to show up in-game?

So I've been looking for a realistic nude mod and realized not a single one contains an anus, and decided to add them myself. I have the .dds plugin for Photoshop so I can edit modded skins. After adding an anus and saving it, the file size is much bigger than the original and my changes never show in-game. It keeps showing the old nude texture as if I made no changes at all, which is weird since I took the old .dds out so it can't read from that anymore...

File Size: You've saved it probably with DXT 5 and maybe with alpha maps. Save as DXT 1 and no alphas.

You've put the DDS file asset in the wrong folder. If you have one of those Unique Races/Player mods, you'll have to put it in its proper folder

File Size: You've saved it probably with DXT 5 and maybe with alpha maps. Save as DXT 1 and no alphas.

You've put the DDS file asset in the wrong folder. If you have one of those Unique Races/Player mods, you'll have to put it in its proper folder

I'm pretty sure I ended up trying every DXT option (since I had no idea which to use) and the result was the same, but I'll retry it with DXT 1 to make sure. Thanks for the reply!

As for the file, I just made a copy of the .dds I was editing for backup in case it didn't look right and edited the original, so it had to be in the right place. Also no other player mods except for the nude one.

I'm pretty sure I ended up trying every DXT option (since I had no idea which to use) and the result was the same, but I'll retry it with DXT 1 to make sure. Thanks for the reply!

As for the file, I just made a copy of the .dds I was editing for backup in case it didn't look right and edited the original, so it had to be in the right place. Also no other player mods except for the nude one.

nude mod? and does that mod have an ESP? if you're talking about a downloaded mod from here, provide the link

my mod got what u need but its for unp

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29596

nude mod? and does that mod have an ESP? if you're talking about a downloaded mod from here, provide the link

I'm fairly certain it was just a collection of .dds files that were put in the data/textures folder. This is the mod I was trying to edit.

Well, then you have another mod that is changing the assets default locations. May be a mod that has its assets packed in a BSA, but thats the only reason that I can think of ofr the issue you're describing

Well, then you have another mod that is changing the assets default locations. May be a mod that has its assets packed in a BSA, but thats the only reason that I can think of ofr the issue you're describing

The mods I'm using are Hearthfire, HighRes Texture Pack and the nude mod. The DLC and highres texture pack were installed many weeks after trying to edit this, however. I'll probably just switch to theru's mod since it seems to contain what I'm looking for.

Edited by tucangunner