Wondering youth of Skyrim

Deleted809848User

First of all, I am not a advocate for child violence/abuse or pedo's. I just thought the idea would be very immersive and unique.

I stumbled upon the following mod. Makes sense right? Well it got me thinking. There are plenty of companion mods, which consist of the typical adult male or female but what about the kids? This hasn't been attempted before or it has but not much effort was put into it. This would be very interesting to see cause there are so many ways you could go about making a Child/teen companion mod. I even think a child/teen companion would have a better story then most companion mods out today. And not only does it have to be a regular child/teen. So for just one example.

The Vampire Child

http://cdn.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_image.php/images/0x0/0x0/0/9954585510423395899.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

How cool would it be to find a vampire child abandoned and on the run from his very own race, Vampires! Some of this was inspired by A interview with a vampire.Though not really on the run in the movie at first. If you haven't seen the movie, they don't allow children vampires. There reason I heard are in the books, they never really explained in the movie why but maybe they did and I just don't remember. Anyways, you have to take in this child and help them seek revenge because the master vampire killed him/her family. And the head vampire wants the child dead because the one who turned the child was a rouge vampire. At the end of this adventure(quest) you go through with this child you are given a choice. The child ask you if they should turn back into a human or stay a vampire. Well why would you want the child to stay as a vampire you ask? Well I know the in a companion mod they usually fight but what if this one were only a assist to you. Like for example and to keep it immersive. The Child vampire doesn't fight because they are a kid and wouldn't know how to fight but instead of being complete useless, they could tell you when a enemy is near or have them steal stuff for you or play as bait while you sneak up behind the enemy to cut they're throat . You know something kids would be capable of....well a vampire kid at that. And as for the human choice, they become are your responsibility but it doesn't stop there. Now that the child is human once more you watch them grow into a teenager and into a adult. Well with you having to nurture to them ofc. This way instead of being just a kid, the stages would hold benefits to you, them as teenager they can fight are agile and can sneak better, basically a really good thief. As a adult they are as strong as you, and or could mold them into whatever you want them to be good at, etc. Maybe even throw in option if you don't want them to be a grow into a adult just have the player not nurture to them and they wont grow anymore and will stay a teen or adult.

Well, I just wanted to get my thought out there and maybe somebody will surprise us with a unique and immersive youth companion mod.

Edited by Guest

I agree.

I would LOVE to have kid follower with me.

Like, I usually play mage. I suck at lockpicking.

Small kid with small hands and keen senses would be really helpful in those dungeons of Skyrim.

Opening doors and lockers for me :D

I'd rather keep him/her at companion slot, I know there's mod that allows you take your kids with you (Ones adopted with hearthfire)

But I don't like it. I sense some bugs and compatibility issues with it.

So, Kid follower, possibly vampire. Good with lockpicking, full follower commands. (Wait, go home, inventory and such)

Maybe allow the child to use some spells? Like, Calm, healing hands and such?

There is alredy a vampire child in the game in the dark brotherhood Babette is her name: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Babette

maybe you can recruit her with a mod that allowes you choose anyone as a follower.

Yeah I know but I am not talking bout just slap on option to have her follow you around. And Besides Babette has been a vampire forever, I'm talking about a freshly turned child vampire. The best follower/companion mods are usually with custom everything like Valija.

I agree.

Small kid with small hands and keen senses would be really helpful in those dungeons of Skyrim.

I'd rather keep him/her at companion slot, I know there's mod that allows you take your kids with you (Ones adopted with hearthfire)

So, Kid follower, possibly vampire. Good with lockpicking, full follower commands. (Wait, go home, inventory and such)

I like the way you said this and it even gave me another idea. What if as a child they're strongest trait are your weakest? Not any of the weapon or armor, just like alchemy, food, sneak, pick locking, and enchanting. Maybe only have them be able to be strongest in 2 trait? Maybe have the player ask them a question in what they're parents use to do? Then the system chooses 2 of the traits depending on the question asked? Who knows what there parents profession might have been and what they taught there child right?

I would'nt know I don't own hearthfire.

Oh and don't forget a good story line :P. Hmmm I don't know about spells, maybe. Its gotta make sense and be immersive.

There is alredy a vampire child in the game in the dark brotherhood Babette is her name: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Babette

maybe you can recruit her with a mod that allowes you choose anyone as a follower.

Yeah I know but I am not talking bout just slap on option to have her follow you around. And Besides Babette has been a vampire forever, I'm talking about a freshly turned child vampire. The best follower/companion mods are usually with custom everything like Valija.

I agree.

I like the way you said this and it even gave me another idea. What if as a child they're strongest trait are your weakest? Not any of the weapon or armor, just like alchemy, food, sneak, pick locking, and enchanting. Maybe only have them be able to be strongest in 2 trait? Maybe have the player ask them a question in what they're parents use to do? Then the system chooses 2 of the traits depending on the question asked? Who knows what there parents profession might have been and what they taught there child right?

Oh and don't forget a good story line :P. Hmmm I don't know about spells, maybe. Its gotta make sense and be immersive.

What about a sort of street urchin? A kid skilled at stealth, lockpicking, and pickpocketing. Maybe speechcraft because he's a fast talker. Maybe give him a slingshot or something to use him as a ranged companion?

I mean, it worked fairly well for Indiana Jones in ToD!

I agree.

What about a sort of street urchin? A kid skilled at stealth, lockpicking, and pickpocketing. Maybe speechcraft because he's a fast talker. Maybe give him a slingshot or something to use him as a ranged companion?

I mean, it worked fairly well for Indiana Jones in ToD!

Mm..

different kind of kids for different situations?

Like:

Street child: Sneaking, Lockpicking, some sort of ranged weapon? Maybe some sort of makeshift crossbow? (Not much damage, mainly just harass enemies? Maybe make them take increased damage from other sources?)

Alchemist/ Vampire: Parents used to be alchemists, kid watched them a lot and learned some things about alchemy as well. Though, I have no idea what benefits she/he could provide. Allow crafting of alchemy stuff?

Priest's daughter/son: Healer, cures diseases.

Something like that.

Anyway, before ruining anyone's will to do the original request, just something like these ideas/ original idea would be perfect!