gaming laptop please help!!!

You really can't upgrade GPUs in laptops. They're for the most part sodered onto the board. However, depending on the kind of graphics card you've got, you should be able to run Oblivion on Medium or High without texture mods.

Thanks for the help and I have a amd vision. At least that's what the sticker says on it.

You really can't upgrade GPUs in laptops. They're for the most part sodered onto the board. However, depending on the kind of graphics card you've got, you should be able to run Oblivion on Medium or High without texture mods.

Thanks for the help and I have a amd vision. At least that's what the sticker says on it.

Can you check your system properties(right-click on my computer, then click properties) or use gpu-z(google the program) to see what the gpu you laptop is using? All AMD Vision tells us is that the computer is using an AMD CPU and maybe an AMD GPU but not what type. GPU-Z is probably the best at telling you what the GPU is. System properties would give us a CPU, but I can look it up to see if that CPU has an embedded GPU in it and what the GPU is.

• 1 month later...

Can you check your system properties(right-click on my computer, then click properties) or use gpu-z(google the program) to see what the gpu you laptop is using? All AMD Vision tells us is that the computer is using an AMD CPU and maybe an AMD GPU but not what type. GPU-Z is probably the best at telling you what the GPU is. System properties would give us a CPU, but I can look it up to see if that CPU has an embedded GPU in it and what the GPU is.

What my system properties says is 'AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics'

You could run it on Medium to Medium-high at a lowerish resolution. First time I played Oblivion was on a 7300GS at 1280x1024, medium settings, no AA or AF. Ran pretty good at the time. Even had a couple mods on it, but nothing that made the textures or meshes better.

My guess would be you'll get medium settings at your laptop's native resolution (probably 768p). Don't get mods that improve the graphics, and you should be fine. Oblivion is an old game now, so as long as you don't expect amazing graphics it should run pretty well.

I used to have a weaker card than that, and I could run Oblivion on low at 900p at a stable 30 fps. So you'll probably get like medium settings at 768p and 30 fps.

Edited by Rennn