Halo + Fallout =

Skree000

Yeah I originally had it at +2 AGI as well but I stepped back and thought, wait a minute, thats overpowered! lol

I instead gave it a bunch more AP instead, figuring that his agility (ability to dodge and tiptoe) is lowered, however he can move MUCH faster in combat to perform attacks etc. (faster muscles + enhanced cybernetic reaction times)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a fun wallpaper! Was bored and came across some Longsword interceptors and massive UNSC ships so I made a few renders :)

http://www.kolcrosbie.com/Fallout3Halo_Wallpaper1.jpg

Ok here's one more. This one is Big

http://www.kolcrosbie.com/Mjolnir_BIG.jpg

ok ur torturing me with these pictures i need this mod for my life to be complete

btw i have a question on the body armor its self.. why would u make it -2 AG shouldn't it +2 AG since the armor makes you god like in halo u should make 1 that's over powered for people who don't care about realism and 1 with -2 AG for people who don't want to be super cheap and stuff

i wouldn't put the weight over 100. anything over that will hurt a lot of people early on in the game. with F3 was like oblivion with carry weight. i had like 600 pounds with nothing on at all..

Maybe the large weight will limit players to only carrying 2 weapons?

Clean textured version shouldnt be too hard, Bungie put significant grime and paint chips on their textures, but its easy to fix!

Awesome news.

An interesting thought - would it be possible to rip the level terrain from Halo into FO3? Or the tree's and terrain objects? Just curious because while I did enjoy the game I'm personally not a big fan of the fallout environment - Its capacity for modification seems far too limited.

Anything in any game can be ripped. The question is, how much patience do you have! As long as you dont try to sell anything for cash, and give credit, you should be fine.

Ripping the data isn't the hard part, its cleaning it up and making it useable and presentable that requires some extensive 3d and shader knowledge, considering most of it is captured in raw 'Draw Call' format which are unlabelled often mangled and triangulated 3d models that can have many triangles' normals flipped incorrectly, or almost all of it's vertexes unwelded, making them nearly unuseable without ample cleanup and preparation. Working on a 'Lambert Carbine' automatic rifle from BF2142 right now, so far about 10-11 hours just isolating, cleaning up, shader-building and re-naming, then vertex editing, re-symmetry-ing and doing other major modelling work to get it presentable.

Thats the hard part :) (but it depends on your persistence and how keen you are for high quality results)