Halo + Fallout =

Skree000

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good resource on the MJOLNIR armor: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor

I've never heard anything about it being vulnerable to melee attacks, everything I've seen/read indicates that its damned effective at stopping just about anything, including a fall from orbit. One thing in the wiki article caught my eye, given how scarce pure water is in fallout:

It is possible that the MJOLNIR powered armor contains a purification system, much like a very advanced water softener or a reverse osmosis pump, which allows Spartans to drink their own urine. Humans would still need water to survive, and it is unlikely to find good water to drink in a war, though it is more likely that they either have a canteen built in or at least on their person. Spartans probably do not need very much water, though, since one of their augmentations decreases lactic reactions in the muscles, which in turn would probably reduce the amount of thirst they would gain from battle.

Some kind of water purification script would be awesome.

I'm a huge Halo nut and looking forwards to loading these armors into Fallout. Do you plan on sharing the models so that others (like myself ^_^) can use them in their own budding mod projects? Or will you be playing this one close to your chest for a big Halo mod of your own creation? I'm still trying to teach myself the GECK, I can whip together dungeon's but I'm still a long ways from learning their scripting/quest/dialogue system. Its a shame the tutorial on the wiki didn't delve deeper into those topics.

The shields are another matter entirely. Adding them as they work in the Halo games would make Fallout almost too easy - I'd rather just see the suit have a DR a few points about T-51 armor.

Whenever anyone releases a mod, they pretty much are distributing everything in the open for anyone to rip up and use on their own, whether they like it or not people will do it.

Since I cannot lay claim to Bungies creations, everything I produce will be (my augmented versions of) their IP's. Therefore I have no right to say 'dont touch this' hehe. Since (when I finish) this mod seems to be the only one of this level of depth on the matter of Halo asset importing, I would hope people dont just tint the armor some hot pink and then try to re-release it (besides I plan on giving the option of color pallettes anyways with alternate texture loadouts), since then there would be 50 conflicting variants :)

Therefore I ask that if anyone has any ideas spill em out please, so I can please everyone with 1 mod and do the hard work for you guys so you dont have to fix my failings or inadequacies! :)

But who am I to make demands anyways :)

PS. I know, I know, its 'lightish Red'

The core idea behind this minimod is a set of random encounters. One containing a crashed bumblebee escape pod with dead USMC space marines with fully lootable (and wearable) space marine combat armor (2 variants so far), another encounter containing a crashed pelican with more soldiers, including a dead spartan. Next to the corpse will be Cortana, pleading with the chief to 'Get up chief! Chieef!' (sound bytes from the games) (to add to the humor).

Added bonus, once you take off the chiefs helmet you get to see his face... I have plans for that too 8-) (either going to make a smaller master-chiefs helmet underneath (LOL) like those dolls that fit inside eachother) or going to make his base body a new race which has a totally burned-to-a-crisp facial area so he is unrecognizable, and will be found face-down, visor smashed on a nearby rock.

dude, a RvB reference, i love you. lol.

and yea with mods like these, and especially since it's bungies/Microsofts IP all you can really say is hey if you want to mess with these please give me credit. but outside of that nothing you can do.

Honestly just with what you've done i can't wait for this. and as long as theres blue armor i'm happy lol.

Whenever anyone releases a mod, they pretty much are distributing everything in the open for anyone to rip up and use on their own, whether they like it or not people will do it.

Since I cannot lay claim to Bungies creations, everything I produce will be (my augmented versions of) their IP's. Therefore I have no right to say 'dont touch this' hehe. Since (when I finish) this mod seems to be the only one of this level of depth on the matter of Halo asset importing, I would hope people dont just tint the armor some hot pink and then try to re-release it (besides I plan on giving the option of color pallettes anyways with alternate texture loadouts), since then there would be 50 conflicting variants :)

Therefore I ask that if anyone has any ideas spill em out please, so I can please everyone with 1 mod and do the hard work for you guys so you dont have to fix my failings or inadequacies! :)

But who am I to make demands anyways :)

PS. I know, I know, its 'lightish Red'

The core idea behind this minimod is a set of random encounters. One containing a crashed bumblebee escape pod with dead USMC space marines with fully lootable (and wearable) space marine combat armor (2 variants so far), another encounter containing a crashed pelican with more soldiers, including a dead spartan. Next to the corpse will be Cortana, pleading with the chief to 'Get up chief! Chieef!' (sound bytes from the games) (to add to the humor).

Added bonus, once you take off the chiefs helmet you get to see his face... I have plans for that too 8-) (either going to make a smaller master-chiefs helmet underneath (LOL) like those dolls that fit inside eachother) or going to make his base body a new race which has a totally burned-to-a-crisp facial area so he is unrecognizable, and will be found face-down, visor smashed on a nearby rock.

can you add UNSC and ODST NPCs?

Thats the plan, although until I either get a 360 SDK, a 360 emulator or they release halo3 on computer, dont expect the actual Halo 3 ODST armor, so far we will be limited to Halo 2 version =(

halo 2 ODSTs are fine. a person could just add some textures to makem look like the ones from halo 3.

From rumors going around. Halo 3 for PC is going to be released sometime after windows 7. so if 7 comes out this fall like everyone is hoping it's possible that Halo 3 could be this winter or early next year.

Another rumor (and this one probably isn't true) is that Halo 3 for PC will come with the ODST expansion. (but again this probably isn't true)