Dark brotherhood quest won't start

kradus

I figured out the problem, but can't fix it:

The courier that's supposed to give you a letter after you collect the reward from Aventus Aretino isn't showing up. The reason for this is because that same courier is the one that gives a letter from Quintus Navale for the white Phial quest, and it turns out that if I receive that letter before talking to Aventus, he wont show up a second time(verified with previous saves).

I could use one of my previous saves and play the game around a bug, but I don't want to go through all that stuff again. So Im asking if anyone here knows a way, a code or something, to continue the quest/force the courier to show up.

Edited by kradus

Post your BOSS log then (with the messages about the plugins). Including a list of plugins not recognized by BOSS if one is generated. Enclose in spoiler tag. We'll look at it and maybe someone will spot something.

• 1 month later...

Same thing happens Quintus navale not to die in bed dying and the courier must take the letter fraternity dark saddle (the one with the hand) does not occur.

Edited by RockMic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In fact I had forgotten at the end of this sentence "?" I apologize. :geek: Finally I found not tested yet. SetObjectiveCompleted DB01 20 1

Edited by RockMic