more dogmeat mods

JazzBlack

i think ther should be some more mods for dogmeat, feel free to pitch ideas in this thread.

so far i was thinking...

*some one should set him to essential (yes i know someones done somthing like this but u have to type it out in console, it should be able to be done in the geck

*armour for him, buyable maybe? (yes thers an armour skin but it effects all dogs)

*weapons? might be going a bit too far, but how bout straping a laser to his back

* make scavengers dogs into different breeds? dogmeats breed can be randomized on every game?

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/10276_1_230.jpeg

lol this dog is amazing i want him

id like to see a different species of dog for dogmeat.

A doberman, rottweiler or something. More of an attack dog.

armor is a must. he gets hurt way to quickly, way too often.

I think the only thing he really needs is more advanced AI. While a big undertaking, so long as you could make sure he only attacked things that won't kill him in a few hits (Deathclaws, Super Mutant Masters, etc.), and instead have him remain at a further distance or closer to you, then it shouldn't be a problem. No need to have him absurdly strong for a mutt or even outright immortal.

As for seeing purebreeds, I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone would keep the bloodlines of any type of dog pure for 200 years. Without someone keeping them purebred, they would intermix freely and it would be impossible to find a purebred dog anywhere.

dogmeat is like a husky. There is no difference between having a husky and another breed of dog.

even if there was some unrealism involved. Does it matter? its a game, have abit of fun with it. Its all well and good keeping things realistic at certain times but there is nothing wrong with bending the realism here and there, either.

I was actually messing around a bit in GECK to see if I could make Dogmeat essential, so I went to his ID and checkmarked "Essential" and started up the game. After typing kill on him, he still died, though. I went back to GECK to see if maybe there was a script running on his ID and there was. I looked at the script however, and found no "setessential 0" commands in it. Maybe he is made non-essential in a quest script and not a standard script. But, another problem is I don't know how to access quests and such in GECK (Should've kept it like in Oblivion), so making him essential in GECK is out of the question for me.

Archived