Weighting vertices

Zeperoth

Is anyone especially good at weight painting, and would they be willing to paint, or help paint my mesh? I'd greatly appreciate the help, and credit you in the release. This is my first model, so it's taking me a long time to do this. Thanks in advance. :) Oh, its an armour if your curious.

You must love punishment if your first model is a piece of armor. This is one of the more involved things you can make that require a wider-than-normal range of skills.

Early models are going to take you a long time but the more you practice the better and faster you get. You just happened to pick an item that is higher up on the food chain for multiple hoops you have to jump through to get a release done.

The fastest way to rig is by using a similar object as a reference and copying the weights to your model and then "tweaking" them for the desired effect.

Here are some learning references:

Growlfs Blender Rigging Machines

Growlfs Blender Tutorial- Skinning- Vollautomatik

Resources for 3D Modeling

LHammonds

lol, actually I'm quite happy to say I got it all worked out perfectly. All I need now is to find a texture artist who'd be kind enough to fill her out for me. Your right on one count though, it's been a grueling three days but I'm friggen proud of it to say the least. All I need now is to apply a metal brace to the right knee, which should be easy considering, and I'm golden. :D

You are welcome. Everyone is a newbie at one time or another.

Observation: It just so happens that one can write much easier-to-follow tutorials as a newbie than as an accomplish pro (forgetting how difficult things can be or not remembering what it was like not knowing)

Congrats on getting things done so fast. It usually takes about a month or so from the time they pick up Blender and have a model ready to go in-game. Modeling basics, UV Maping + Seams, optimizations, diffuse textures / layering, normal maps, occulsion, transparency, havok / collision, rigging, animation, the NIF format, NifSkope alchemy / tricks, Construction Set, file arrangement, standards, gameplay / compatibility, version control / upgrading, archiving, screenshots, readme files, etc.

It is a lot to take in and Blender is only a part of the puzzle. ;)

LHammonds

Archived