Dragonborn crashing to desktop

RlyBadName

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add a bit of followup for anyone who might find this thread due to having the same errors, as I did, I went ahead and tried using TES5Edit to clean the Update.esm and the DLC .esms and I stopped experiencing the CTDs. I haven't played long enough to fully test it everywhere, but my initial problems CTDing when I'd just try to enter/exit places or in simple combat or some such situation appear to be resolved.

I used Gopher's video on TES5Edit as a launch point, as I didn't even know where to start, and he is extremely newbie-friendly. I just followed his simple directions (although you really do need to watch the entire video, and it's 22 minutes long, since messing around with these files the wrong way could easily make your problems much worse). Here's a link:

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't help. Still CTD randomly along with freezing image and running sound. This game is so f...k-up from the start and mods push this ancient and bugged engine to it's limits, making crashes happen more often. But I believe game's core is a source of trouble. Bethesda just never was good when things come to engine.

Just to add a bit of followup for anyone who might find this thread due to having the same errors, as I did, I went ahead and tried using TES5Edit to clean the Update.esm and the DLC .esms and I stopped experiencing the CTDs. I haven't played long enough to fully test it everywhere, but my initial problems CTDing when I'd just try to enter/exit places or in simple combat or some such situation appear to be resolved.

I used Gopher's video on TES5Edit as a launch point, as I didn't even know where to start, and he is extremely newbie-friendly. I just followed his simple directions (although you really do need to watch the entire video, and it's 22 minutes long, since messing around with these files the wrong way could easily make your problems much worse). Here's a link:

Dirty edits has NOTHING to do with crashes. And after no positive effect by cleaning save from scripts I believe problem could be even deeper, not in saves but in game core itself.

Edited by maximluppov

I emailed bethesda, they know that the High Res pack is some of the crashing it, but it is disabled for me and still happening, I will see if bethesda can fix it, I have my hopes up, but we will see, if not I will ask for a refund due to the whole dlc more or less being useless.

You say that you deactivate the HD pack and you still crash.Consider that the HD pack replaced the normal textured of half your Skyrim.No linking-HD-textures,no game.My game is virgin,got Dragonborn installed,yet,I crash myself.

• 2 weeks later...

i read that the problem is because that the dragonborn dlc can't function properly if your uGridstoload is above 9. But mine's at the default (5) but it is still crashing. And im in alor's house, everytime i go out, and on the loading screen after maybe 40 secs it crashes. tried it like 6 times, same thing happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing here. Dragonborn crashes all over the island. This is next to unplayable, I encounter the same issue around Riften. And it is always outside never inside a buiding/cave etc.

EDIT1: I tried the TES5Edit solution mentioned above. Result: Nothing changes crashes are NOT less frequently. - What makes me wonder even in the official Addons are a lot double values - why does Bethesda not check those things, after all they are the one producing the game.

EDIT2: I tried the method provided by flexcreator (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31675/#content), although I have the impression, that the game runs a little smoother afterwards, the CTDs I am encountering all across Solstheim are NOT gone.

Edited by Ganzir

Hi, I haved the same problem crach and now work fine (I am very bad in english but I try to explain)

- If you have changed in "Skyrim.ini" uExterior Cell Buffer=36 and uGridsToLoad=5 you have the same probleme of me.(I used this settings before : Cell Buffer=64 and uGridsToLoad=7 and the game crach only in the dragonborn island ...)

Now for change that is not difficult but if you change now and load your game you crach instant :biggrin:

- Launch Skyrim and load your game (DON'T CHANGE YOUR "Skyrim.ini" KNOW)

- Enter in a house/dungeon.

- Press Esc for pause the game and press Alt+Tab

- Change your "Skyrim.ini" whit :

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

uGridsToLoad=5

- SAVE "Skyrim.ini"

- Switch in game now, press ² for the console and tape :

refini

for refresh "Skyrim.ini" in game.

- Save the game and try to play ^^

after many save, my save work but my first save did not work for load ....

I think we need time to adapt to the game ...

I have completed a dungeon and after left then, my saved work fine with uGridsToLoad=5.

Try to walk up to the Miraak temple know :happy: