(roleplay/immersion) uriel survives?

MasterCorin

if possible could someone create (for mostly roleplaying purposes) a mod where uriel septim survives the jailbreak, or simply does not show up at all (only blades help you escape and are attacked in the process).

the purpose of this mod would be to delay the activation of the main quest line, adding a separate trigger for uriel's assasination (perhaps speaking to a static courier who announces uriel's death in his home or somesuch) which would then kick off the main story as usual.

there may not me a lot of people who would use this mod but i for one would surely appreciate it or if someone knows of any mod which keeps uriel alive (non game changing) id also appreciate it as my searches so far have come up with nothing thanks.

Alternative Beginnings - you won't find any Emperor is still alve there though.

Alternative Start Arrive by Ship - newer, and if you read the mod description you'll see it went through some teething problems ... still no Emperor alive.

Modular Oblivion Enhanced PostFinal - I use a different version of MOE that is just the alt start without the other stuff included in this, but I won't link to the version I use as it requires a version of Kvatch Rebuilt that is no longer available. With this version I believe you can just use the Main Quest Delayer.esp but I see the file size for this version is larger than the one I use so there are some differences. The Emperor is still alive.

According to the readme you still start the Main Quest the same way as the version I use ... commit a crime that incurs a small bounty (so the regular guards don't come) and then "turn yourself in" by talking to one of the Imperial City watch commanders (e.g. Itius Hayn, or Hieronymous Lex if he hasn't been sent to Leyawiin yet). You'll find yourself in the prison cell and will follow the Emperor and guards same as vanilla with some changes as you already have all your character stuff taken care of.

Note that for me (and what I've seen in the mod comments for the version I use) there were some problems getting through the tutorial dungeon. I knew about the problems back when I was still deciding whether or not to use the MOE version I use, and had already determined the root cause of the problems and had tested the console command workaround during test runs (just setstage commands ... no rocket science). If you are already feeling your head spin a bit I would advise against using MOE and leave your role play playthrough for a later date once you have more experience with getting your hands into the game's innards.

Edited by Striker879