The lore AFTER Skyrim

YsmirNord

Hello everyone,

I was think, since Skyrim has a lot of alternative endings, how will Bethesda describe these in TES VI? For example, you can end the civil war by fighting the imperials and free Skyrim, or fight with the empire against the Stormcloaks. The outcome of these two are radicaly diffrent diffrent and have a major impact on the lore of Nirn. So what will Bethesda say in TES VI what happend? Also, you can destroy the dark brotherhood, also something that should be noticed in TES VI.

I'm guessing who is a part of the Empire and who isn't will be an irrelevant....my guess will be TES VI will instead concentrate on united forces against the Thalmor ....As for the DB, Cicero and Babette are still alive and Cicero has the Night Mother, the DB is not completely destroyed, it still exists.

My guess is similar to StayFrosty's. It will be a long way down the road of soon to be "history", where either the Thalmor have already conquered the empire or are about to and basically no one will remember/lived to have told the tales of what happened in skyrim. Much like how they did with the jump between IV-V and every other game. As for the guilds most will probably be in ruins along with the rest of the empire/ex-territories and will likely be rebuilt from the ground up (with no history but hearsay.) to there former glory along with the empire as part of the main quest or at least a side goal in VI. However for the DB and Thief's guild I'd guess they could go one of two way's. Very large and powerful regardless of your choice due to all the upheaval or rebuilt with everything else but with a much more "heroic" light there past deeds long forgot/never recorded after doing much to harm/annoy the Thalmor.

So to sum it up war consumes everything and what it doesn't is to busy/to wide spread/just doesn't record history/happened some where to far off.

-Emperor will be dead

-DB was calimed to have been destroyed, but made a comeback

-Who won the civil war wont be mentioned, and wont matter, as Bethesda will make up some event that causes both factions to turn out exactly as they want them despite who won the civil war.

How they intend to do it is pretty much stated in the game too IIRC. The implication is that the imperial army will have reinforcements from the southern fronts which will leave it open for attack... Though this is just me guessing based on what I've seen and in that case it won't matter who wins. They can just say Ulfric and Tullius died and the playerbase is free to make up their own mind about it.

Edited by Freya1997

If I remember correctly, Bethesda said TES VI was going to take place before the events of skyrim, not after it. The lore after Skyrim will certainly have to have some development and thought, but as far as ES Online goes, it's all in the past. Non?

TES VI is not TES Online.

If I remember correctly, Bethesda said TES VI was going to take place before the events of skyrim, not after it. The lore after Skyrim will certainly have to have some development and thought, but as far as ES Online goes, it's all in the past. Non?

TES VI is not TES Online.

i think he just meant that they both are going backwards in the timeline to tell a story instead of going further into the future or staying in and around the current time. he is not saying tes online is tes 6.

you can't even compare the two, its apples and oranges.

I think all of the actual quests you can do in game will lore-wise be done. For those with optional choices, Bethesda will choose the best. Let's imagine there is a quest where you kill a priest - no matter what, the priest will count as killed (by the quest) after skyrim. If it was by the dovahkiin, that is not sure. All events that can happen in skyrim will also count as happened. Then if the vampires take over Skyrim or the Dawnguard save, that is something bethesda will have to decide.

• 4 years later...

I have the Battleplan to take it to the Thalmor. Let's face it, the claim of UIfric is legit as he beat the king in a fight the highness accepted, he chose not to learn the word, a part of Nordic tradition, point Ulfirc. The imerials are right to be in Skyrim, Tiber Septim anyone? Ulfric should be High king and repect Tibers Empire and this new Empire should Employ Nationals from all over Tamriel, ban Talos they say. well.. Bretos at center against high elfs with 2 nordic divisions left and right, Orcs behins, wood elf and Khajit to the left and right in volley of arrows while some Dark elfs fit in the gaps and Imperials at the center as we know they suck against magik, nords at the back as reserves and more, majority of Dark elfs at back aswell. Have Argonians flanks from what would be a norther point in the attack since they can swim pretty dam well while holding their breath.. Did I miss anyone? Oh yes and all the priest use restoration spells all around..