Dragonborn DLC Temple of Miraak Quest bug

GreozGreyScale

short thing, i can't get the word on the wall, i get close, nothing else, attacking the word wall does nothing. cant fix, pls help

shout name is dragon aspect, first word

i havent learned all of these words of this shout, and i cant wait to beat miraak...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Same problem, no way to learn the "Dragon Aspect" shout word in the temple of Miraak, so the Gatekeeper never appears and I'm thus unable to get the Key from him, to continue the quest ... very frustrating :-( A "side effect" glitch is also that Frea seems now to be "stuck" just at the temple entrance without any interesting dialogue and no way to ask her to follow me (she already had few problems to follow during the temple caves progression)

I hope a fix for this exists, because at this point all the DLC seems to be dead for me :-(

This bug has occurred for me plenty of times. The only fixes I found that have worked are these: (Temporary) 1. Reload a previous save. If that doesn't work, then 2. Quicksave, exit the game, and reenter. It usually works. I had the problem on my newest character for a few in game weeks, but it seemed to have fixed itself. I haven't had the problem since(knock on wood). Basically, your best bet if the temporary fixes don't work is to just leave that quest off for an in game week or two,and once other word walls start to work, then you should be good to go. You should note that it usually isn't a specific word wall, but all, if not most of them, at least from my experience. And if none of this works, you could always use console commands to learn the Bend Will shout, then TCL through the coffin, kill the gatekeeper, unlock the gate, and then use the "prid" command and teleport frea to you. That should advance the quest, and if it doesn't you can use console command again. Anyway, hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

This was absolutely doing my head in, I really didn't want to have to resort to the console. However, thank Talos I ran into this little forum:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62630073

Simply, do this:

1. Stand DIRECTLY in front of the word wall, where you'd expect to receive the word of power.
  2. Create an AUTO SAVE (must be an auto save, normal save didn't work for me), just make sure you have "Save on Wait" turned on and wait for an hour.
  3. Reload that auto save.
  4. You'll be rewarded for your patience with a word of power and a bunch of angry draugr behind you*.

* Sorry if this doesn't work for you, but it appears I had the same issue as OP and it worked great. The guy that posted this over on GameFAQ's is a life saver. I was surprised that it was such a simple fix, but it turns out the fix works any time this bug occurs. The OP from the link above had an issue at Mount Kilkreath and it worked for them.

Anyway, overly happy smiley fix rant over, happy hunting guys :)

-FinalEntity