Can't absorb dragon souls

pcherokee1988

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is your problem. I got this mainly from the Dragonborn nexus mod page: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31083/

I spelled out a few things in case you don't understand what the mean.

[begin]

Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls

Make sure your load order is right!

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

[Other ESMs]

Official hi-res DLC

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Unofficial Dawnguard Guard Patch

Unoffical Hearthfire Patch

Unofficial DragonBorn Patch

Unofficial High Res Patch

[Other ESPs]

[End]

This means you have to go to you Data folder wherever your Skyrim Files are saved and reconfigure the order according to the above positions. The reason for this is because when you launch the game, it reads the files in the order you put them, so if dragonborn patch comes before skyrim, the system will read the dragonborn patch, fixing the glitch, but then read the plain-skyrim patch, unfixing the glitch. Hope this helps.

-Mieux :biggrin:

i still have the issue even after that fix corwin78 mentioned :( nothing at all no burning , i have all the unofficial patches updated and skyrim itself , and i did what was said in the unofficial dragonborn thread > remove dragon soul absorb more glorious and its belongings and the actordragonkill.pex

but still can't absorb any souls :( any suggestions ?

Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls

Make sure your load order is right!

This means you have to go to you Data folder wherever your Skyrim Files are saved and reconfigure the order according to the above positions. The reason for this is because when you launch the game, it reads the files in the order you put them, so if dragonborn patch comes before skyrim, the system will read the dragonborn patch, fixing the glitch, but then read the plain-skyrim patch, unfixing the glitch. Hope this helps.

-Mieux :biggrin:

Having patched and updated various files, I didn't pay any attention to the load order until I was no longer absorbing dragon souls.

Thanks Mieux

Edited by Ezio1503

ok, I had dragonborn dlc with unofficial db patch, i ran into this problem. Then uninstalled all the mods, dlc, and unofficial patches to do a clean run to see if I can still absorb souls. I still cant, anything on that?