New to Skyrim on PC

Roach75

i learnt through gophers videos,

they may be old but he does a great job at settin up a pretty reliable skyrim game.

just be cautious on the how mods are compatible with each other. a few minutes research before goin with a mod will save you a lot of hassle in the longrun. this i only know too well as i am slowly trackin down a particularly sneaky CTD i get.

ETA - welcome to PC gamin...you'll never look back or regret

Again, I can't emphasise this enough - Gopher has videos on UTUBE regarding both BOSS, SKSE and NMM. I thought i knew what i was doing, but watching them was a GIANT help in understanding what I was doing.

Truckit- just subscribe and watch ....

and...you're welcome.

[Edit} One other thing, when using NMM be wary of using any Steam Workshop mods - NMM cannot detect their install, only the ESP/ESMs.

BOSS will order them OK, but if they conflict....

If you have to use Workshop mods.. Try to add Steam mods that are ADDINs, not any that modify game files. (eg New weapons/armour not retextures...) And if they cause problems remove and unsubscribe them ASAP.

Edited by Brett41

Using mods is a lot different from playing on a PS3. On the PS3 you stick in a disk and play. What they gave you is what you get. No changes allowed, no knowlege allowed - great for kids. Sux for geeks.

On PC what you get is where you start making changes. Nearly everything can be changed. But (and there is always a 'but' :whistling: ) you will have to actually learn something about computer file structure, how to install and use programs other than games or mods, how to troubleshoot when things don't work and how to handle the frustration of actually having to do it yourself.

Some people - those who just want to play without having to work to make everything run together properly - should just stick with their console. Using mods can be a frustrating experience - not every mod will work with every other mod. game updates can wreck a carefully constructed perfectly working set of mods, adding one new mod can lead to hours or even days of troubleshooting to figure out what happened to crash your game.

But, for those who like to play with the game instead of just play the game - it can also be a lot of fun.

I was hestitant about running a couple things like SKSE but to be honest, I love them now. I dont have an ultra build but it does high end very nicely. HD textures, a slim enb and tons of amor and immersive stuff. Try not to do to many armor or weapon mods that replace in small bits. Get a mod that changes the majority of things at one time if you do. An amor set or two are great for non-replacement mods though. In other words, replacers mods will replace what the vanilla armor will look like where as add-ons will just be an extra set that doesnt change what a vanilla will do.

skyrimgems is a good site to see a lot of immersive mods. It goes by a way called STEP. You can see it at http://www.skyrimgems.com/