These forums wouldn't know a good idea if it...

spkelpdiver

It would be too easy to add some realism to the cannibal and sandman perks, and I have posted a few times about it recently and I havn't had one reply...but instead have been reprimanded by the forum admin for bumping my own post after being frusterated that it had 40 views and not one reply...not one "Right on...I too want to see some blood when I am cutting a throat in a game where blood and gore is everywhere." This is Fallout3 baby, heads are poping, limbs are flying. Why should we have to sit through such a sterile cannibal and murder animation. Hey I even requested help on a different section of this forum, asking how I might start to do this mod on my own...no response. How hard would it be to add a little blood spray, or a decapitation after the sandman animation. Is this THAT bad of an idea? I have never seen a more unhelpful mod community from any of the bethesda games...3 days of asking for opinions on this and not one frigin reply...not even a "that idea actually sucks." I would appreciate THAT at this point.

This will be my last post on this topic. :confused:

1. Posting about it more than one time does not make people want it more.

2. Some people dream of the most amazing mods ever and nothing comes of it, not one reply. You don't walk out of high school with a job that pays well with benefits, don't expect modders, or anyone else to fall in love with your ideas. Don't shove it down their throat.

3. Google magic my friend: I'm sure you could Google for finding at least one tutorial. Hell wait a little while, there will be tons and tons of tutorials to make mods like these soon. The Fallout 3 mod community is pretty young yet. Give it time.

4. Modders are people too. You know. People? The things with jobs, and families? Its the holiday season and I'm sure if they do work on mods, they have bigger priorities. Maybe one of those priorities is finding out if what you want is possible, and how to make it look nice.

In conclusion, you don't always get what you want, don't get upset, don't post a million times.

I never really used the sandman perk, and the for the cannible mod, well it doesnt really bother me that its not a bloodbath. i suppose it'd be nice to get a bloodstain round your mouth and hands that stayed until you slept or sommink, but end of the day, its alot of effort for a mod i could give or take.

Posting a thread insulting people who dont have any interest in your ideas wont achieve anything. Furthermore, most people in this forum have taken to heart, that telling people they have shite ideas wont achieve anything cos its a request forum. I could ask for a Barney the purple dinosaur costume, who cares if its a good idea or not, its a request for someone else to make it because im too inept to make it myself.

most of this is just a waiting game while people learn to use the GECK and start creating advanced mods quickly and easily. How long did it take for decent Oblivion mods to come out after its initial release?

I appreciate the replies.

1.) This is not an advanced mod, atleast it really doesnt feel that way to me, though I am not a mod editor.

2.) Yea, I understand it is Christmas...I have family too, things to do as well. thats why I was requesting somebody who knows what they are doing to CONSIDER, not create this mod, or atleast **SNIP** reply. If people are reading the forums and posting, there is no reason the they can't post on my idea as well, Christmas or not.

3.) Yea, the mod community is young still, I should give it some time. I will also try and figure it out myself when I get some time.

Patience , considering most of us are still figuring out how everything works. If nobody replies then those who viewed your post don't know the answer, pro'lly seeking answers themselves. Its frustrating i know, but gotta make do with what we got right. Soon very soon...

Heck I posted a question on severed limbs and got 1 reply not that helpful, but still welcomed.

There are a lot of inconsistencies in the game, like that of the sandman kills that's why i never chose that perk, not gratifying at all, would be nice if you get it to work though.

P.S I heard that nexus forums aren't as friendly as other communities, maybe, but please don't cuss, the habit spreads around too fast making the forum more unfriendly. I'm sure the answers would come right. Merry Christmas.

This attitude really pisses me off.

1.) This is not an advanced mod, atleast it really doesnt feel that way to me, though I am not a mod editor.

Exactly, you're not a modder by your own admission. Do not assume something is simple just because it appears to be so to you. Oftentimes something which appears to be trivial is actually very complex.

2.) Yea, I understand it is Christmas...I have family too, things to do as well. thats why I was requesting somebody who knows what they are doing to CONSIDER, not create this mod, or atleast **SNIP** reply. If people are reading the forums and posting, there is no reason the they can't post on my idea as well, Christmas or not.

A mod like you propose might be doable, but to give a valid reply one would have to look into it first. I have no idea right now how to write it and to find out how means first figuring out exactly how the perks work -- you can't change them if you don't know what they do, exactly. This takes time and effort.

Speaking just for myself -- if I have time to mod, I am using that time to do stuff I want to do, not to figure out how some random other person's wish can be fulfilled.

3.) Yea, the mod community is young still, I should give it some time. I will also try and figure it out myself when I get some time.

Good idea and I hope you can get somewhere. The best way to start modding is to simply jump in and try stuff. Look at other mods in the GECK or FO3Edit and make small changes to figure out how they do what they do, and with some luck soon enough you'll be able to do your own modifications.

@ spkelpdiver, your entire post can be summed down to -

~waaa waa waa = i want something done, and i WANT it done.

if u pay me, il make your mod, and u can make demands, otherwise, stfu and enjoy the free content.

~waaa waa waa = i wish everyone would have an opinion of my mod and post about it, so i feel popular.

well here's a fun fact, if people don't care, they wont bother. i don't see you posting on everyone's mod ideas, with your awesome 14 comments. we don't have to honour your opinions, this is a democracy after all. tell ya what, buy the site from Dark0ne, for 1000's of $'s, then you can oppose your opinions on everyone here.

~waaa waa waa = This will be my last post on this topic.

Thank god.

Archived