What did the Skaal know?

KeCap

Hermaeus Mora really wanted the Skaal's knowledge. Makes me think it wouldn't be something mundane. Any ideas as to what it was?

None whatsoever, but keep in mind that Hermaeus Mora is interested in all knowledge of any kind. Some knowledge is obviously more interesting than other, I think Mora would place higher importance on some ancient magical tome than an Argonian centered play consisting entirely of innuendo. Even so, Mora's sphere is among other things knowledge, which means that Mora must collect all of it regardless of importance or value.

Again, I have no idea what secrets of the Skaal old Herma-Mora is after. Possibly some sort of shamanistic magic, maybe the secret of working Stalhrim, it may just be their stories and legends. As I've said already it doesn't really matter what it is, the reason Mora seems so obsessed with it is likely the fact that the Skaal have actively prevented Mora from learning their secrets because Herma-Mora is seen as an enemy in their pantheon.

The Skall shaman himself tells you what it is they know, "how to listen to the wind, how to feel the earth"

What they knew was nothing of power, or importance, it wouldn't make you stronger, or give you secrets to the universe, and that was the point, Hermaous Mora wanted trivial information, because he is that petty.

Pretty much what everyone else said. Nothing exactly interesting about their knowledge most likely. Merely the fact that Herma Mora is obsessed with acquiring ALL knowledge no matter how mundane. He's a perfectionist.

The Skall shaman himself tells you what it is they know, "how to listen to the wind, how to feel the earth"

What they knew was nothing of power, or importance, it wouldn't make you stronger, or give you secrets to the universe, and that was the point, Hermaous Mora wanted trivial information, because he is that petty.

I wouldn't say petty. Hermaeus Mora doesn't have a choice in the matter. His sphere (among other things) is the collection of all knowledge, a Daedric Prince can not act outside it's sphere.

I wouldn't say petty. Hermaeus Mora doesn't have a choice in the matter. His sphere (among other things) is the collection of all knowledge, a Daedric Prince can not act outside it's sphere.

That doesn't mean it's not petty. It just means that Hermaeus doesn't have a choice but to be petty.

That doesn't mean it's not petty. It just means that Hermaeus doesn't have a choice but to be petty.

Fair enough. Even so I felt like it needed to be mentioned, the fact that the Daedric Princes have no free will beyond their spheres is a really important factor in everything they do and it's something quite a few people don't know.