Dragonborn MQ is still broken and unplayable

Illuminated888

@ Blitzen: thanks for replying, I loved Realistic Ragdolls but had a few other conflicts too so I disabled it. I'll give a try to Dragonborn then! Cheers :0)

• 2 weeks later...

My Dragonborn is a mess - every time I enter one of the black book worlds, I can't look up or down, or zoom in or out, or save my game and it stays that way when I exit the book world, I can't mine stalhrim with the nordic pickaxe, I can't float up or down the televanni transport, and a bunch of bridges and enemies that are supposed to fall in the temple of Miraak which allow you to proceed in the quest are all stuck...

I'm enjoying it, but I had to abandon the main quest line until there's some sort of fix.

@ Johnnyhaggis: I had the same problems (except for the stahlrim mining which I had not tried) until I found out that it all was due to a conflct with my animation mods. In fact, in my experience the conflicting files were defaultmale.hkx in data/meshes/actor/character/characters and/or defaultfemale.hkx in data/meshes/actor/character/characters female. As soon as I removed them, the Telvanni elevator worked fine and my char could behave normally again in the black books' worlds. If you do not want to mess around with your data files, your safest bet is to disable all your animation mods if you have any.

Another possible conflict is with modded skeletons - disable these too, maybe that'll solve your issues.

Oh wow, thanks for that - I don't seem to have those files, so I must have different mods - which sort of mods are animation mods? Like one that has characters doing dances, or poses etc? I have a mod that has one of my followers (aela) doing a stupid chicken dance whenever she's waiting, and I can't figure out which one it is to make it stop...

Edited by johnnyhaggis

Yeah, dances are animations for sure, as well as combat, idles, etc. And if you are using FNIS, same thing, except I read FNIS issued a fix (not verified information).

The trouble is not all mods come with loose files, I believe some may be .bsa or even .esm files. I you have loose files anyway, you will find the animation ones in data/meshes/actors/character/animations or .../character/behaviors, or .../characters/character or .../character/characterfemale. I'm far from being the expert but I think they all are .hkx files. Try finding these.

Or perhaps simply check in your mods categories if they are listed under "animations" on the Nexus.

You need an ancient nordic pickaxe to be able to mine stahlrim - do you have one in your inventrory? Regular Skyrim pickaxes don't work with Stalhrim.

And there's also a bug with the stalhrim mining - I've read about it. Will let you know if I remember where.