Need help to mod

Wolf382

With MOO yes ... and when you go to install the green MOO in OBMM it should start the install script that will ask you what parts you'd like to have enabled (for instance the creatures are all in a single section of the INI file, so I'd guess that you will have a list of creatures you can either put a tick mark on to enable or no tick mark to not enable).

If you run into something after installing MOO we can just find it in the INI file and make the change there afterwards.

I will look at SM Combat Hide and see which way we should install while you get MOO installed and get back to you.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part is that you can turn back on anything you want later, and then if you don't really care for it you turn it back off.

Kind of like having a set of

for your game.

So I looked at SM Combat Hide and it will be a simple copy paste install (just two files).

Download to a folder and extract to that same folder.

Copy SM Combat Hide.esp and SM Combat Hide.ini and then paste them in your game install's Oblivion\Data folder.

Open OBMM and put a tick in SM Combat Hide.esp in the left panel and sort with BOSS.

A test I often recommend to people trying it is use your outside the sewer exit save and go across to the Vilverin ruin. There are a couple of bandits outside, and if you get the one closest to notice you run behind the big rocks and then go into sneak mode. You can even move in sneak down near the water and then along to the north.

As long as the bandit has not caught up to you so that they see you sneaking after you go out of sight, you'll hear them saying stuff that will tell you they don't know where you have gone.

Yes I have a lot of fun with stuff Combat Hide allows me to do.

Early in the game when I'm weak and any poisons I create aren't very effective, when I spot a bandit I go into sneak before they see me, hit them with a poisoned arrow (so sneak bonus for the arrow plus health damage over the next few seconds). As soon as the arrow hits I go hide behind a tree or something. After the poison has timed out I come back around the tree, and get them with another poisoned arrow.

Rinse and repeat until they are dead.

Well I have some work to do now with that piece of marine plywood I picked up yesterday. Today I get it sized down until it fits correctly in the transom of the 10 ft dingy I'm repairing.

How about I leave you with the Qarls install instructions ...

Qarls is a big extra strain on your computer, so I suggest you make another Data backup to make it easy to go back to where you are now if it turns out to be too much of a strain (so maybe make this backup folder name to Post_MOO_Backup).

As usual download to a folder (already done I believe) and extract to that same folder. In your download folder you will now have a bunch of readme files, your downloaded QTP3 Redimized 1.0 Patched-45666-1-0.7z and two folders (Meshes and Textures).

Let's change up the method just a little this time to save a bit of hard drive space ...

Copy the Meshes folder from the extracted download and then paste it into your game's Oblivion\Data folder (saying yes to the folder merge and all file overwrites).

Next do the same with the Textures folder (copy from the extracted and paste into Oblivion\Data).

Qarls is a pure replacer and so it doesn't have an ESP file, so no need to open OBMM or to run BOSS ... just go into the game and see how it looks, and how the game runs.

I will probably be a couple of hours at least as I want to make as much progress as possible (today and tommorrow's weather looks good, then a few days of not so good).

Don't be afraid of having a good test session. Any saves you make can be used to continue after more mods are added or not. I have a bunch of saves backed up from when I was setting up my current load order, plus I have saves from later in the game ... they all come in handy for different kinds of mod testing.

The added benefit of using those saves is I don't need to worry about something making my current save no good for continuing my guy's game (six years and still going).