Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been wanting to ask ... did your Mom say I shouldn't be keeping you up so late?

That is a common mistake people make with Vilja because they are two separate downloads. Emma did that so if the mod was updated people wouldn't need to download the BSA file over again (it's a big download from all of the voice files).

hehe no but she said that finely you got someone to help you with that game you been trying work on that game for so long now xD (even do she have no clue what moding is)

also i can see why that is a common mistake

Edited by Wolf382

Ya sometimes when I tell people that I help out on a modding site for a game I enjoy playing I can see the confusion in their eyes ... uh, what's a modding site?

So will we try any more tonight? If so maybe one or two of those smaller ones like +5 Attribute or Light Weight Potions.

OK ... let's do +5 Attribute first and then while you're testing I'll hop in the shower (the test will take a while becuse you will need to level up at least 10 skill points to get a level up).

Download it and extract, and you'll find the file All+5AttributeModifiers.esp ... copy and paste to Oblivion\Data and then activate in OBMM and run BOSS.

When you do your test make sure that at least one of your attributes (e.g. Strength or Willpower etc) only gets a single (or two) skill points (so try to only level two or three major skills for 9 points and one major skill for one or two).

I should be squeaky clean again by the time you do that.

Awesome!! On to Lightweight Potions then.

This is another mod that comes with an INI file to customise it to your liking. The defaults should be good (it makes the potions that you make weight 0.2 or less ... some potions can weigh 0.1 depending on the ingredients).

Download to a folder and extract as usual. Copy Lightweight Potions.esp and Lightweight Potions.ini and paste in the Oblivion\Data folder. Activate Lightweight Potions.esp in OBMM and sort with BOSS.

Go in the game and open the console and type:

player.additem 33669 1

and hit Enter. Next it's

player.additem 33666 1

and again hit Enter

Finally ...

player.additem 105e3 1

and Enter.

Open your inventory and equip the Mortar & pestle. In the ingredients add the cheese wheel (3 lbs) and the carrot (0.2 lbs) and create the potion. Now in vanilla that potion should be over the 0.2 weight. If the mod is working it should only weigh 0.2 lbs.

Ok as a temporary test open Oblivion\Data\Lightweight Potions.ini and change the line:

set PotionWeight.weight_threshold to 1.0

to set PotionWeight.weight_threshold to 5.0

Save the INI and then do the same test.