⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've had a look and have seen a couple of points to consider.

When you use Better Cities plus Better Dungeons you need to use the loose files version of Better Dungeons to prevent crashes (the reason is a bit technical, but I can explain if you want).

This will make Better Dungeons difficult to uninstall in the future but if you do a lot of testing in the dungeons before we install any other mods then we can just use the good old Data folder backup trick to completely uninstall Better Dungeons if you change your mind about it.

The reason I say you will need to do lots of testing is because some dungeons are really low FPS for some people. I can get a list of dungeons to test from the mod comments, so you don't need to go into every dungeon, just the ones that other people have had trouble with.

It does sound interesting but I too think it may be adding too much load to your game. A lot of the fighting in dungeons is places you can't hide or run away easily, so then low FPS takes all the fun out of playing.

What would you like to try next then (I did look at the Less Overpowered Nighteye ... maybe wait until we are doing Let There Be Darkness so we are testing when it will be darker).

Yes for some people Kvatch Rebuilt can be a problem. It's another one I don't use so I don't follow closely.

Companion Vija I am familiar with from previous characters but I don't use any companions with the guy I'm playing now. Vilja is a very well done companion, and has in-game menu that allows you to change how she plays alongside your character.

Midas Magic is another I would need to do some research as I've had very little to do with it over the years.

So would you like to meet Vilja?

I've just noticed some updates for Vilja that I should look over before we install her. Shouldn't take long.

Where did you find this Argonian Vilja ... I don't see that as an option on the Oblivion Nexus mod page for her.

OK, a Google search brought up the post about it in Vilja's mod comments ... now I know what you're talking about.

That Argonian Vilja was for an old version of Vilja (version 2 ... she is at version 4 now). It looks like Emma has removed the download for it on the Vilja page (I didn't go searching any further for it ... the post in the Vilja mod comments was from back on July 15 2010).