CTD(while loading) after installing new graphics card halp

Dragonflarcos

Hur durr, it's me again ._.

Yesterday I installed my new graphics card( HD 7970) and everything went fine, drivers are up to date the card got recognized by the Skyrim Load etc.

Now I started skyrim with the SKSE_Loader/SBW and it just CTD'd after loading. I already hear the SFX of the game being loaded and ready to play and then PENG suddenly CTD

I've deleted my .ini files so the loader can make a new pair but the problem still occurs.

+ I haven't even made any mod changes so it can't be mods or save file ...

My theory is that it has something to do with my ram, for ominous reasons my graphics card steals 4GB of my normal ram, this usually only happens on 32 bit windows but I run 64 so I can't explain that phenomen. And why 4gb? The card only has 3gb of VRAM , I just don't get it.

Since the problem seems fairly simple I hope you can help me :/ cheers!

PS: ugrids to load=5 in the save and in the ini

BOSS'ed several times, no esm is missing nor in the false order

Edited by Dragonflarcos

Now I started skyrim with the SKSE_Loader/SBW and it just CTD'd after loading

try without SBW, for unknown reason, it stop working properly last days, i'm playing windowed but launch the game with Skse only now

"My theory is that it has something to do with my ram, for ominous
reasons my graphics card steals 4GB of my normal ram, this usually only
happens on 32 bit windows but I run 64 so I can't explain that phenomen.
And why 4gb? The card only has 3gb of VRAM , I just don't get it.
"

VRAM is totally on card,and should never mess with your normal RAM,unless it's on a laptop,or onboard video.Maybe you allocated an onboard card in BIOS with RAM,and need to change that.Also,make sure your RAM on the motherboard it set right,and didn't get knocked loose,or going bad.

in skyrimPref.ini just check that your sD3DDevice = "your card"

@@

edit: Belial is right, it will take long before your card use your ram, 7970 get 3 gb so.. but check your ram in the case and memtest

Edited by korun

FK YES FK YES FKYES SOLVED IT!

I googled the problem with other words and stumbled upon this glorious thread:http://www.overclock.net/t/1239666/skyrim-wont-start-on-newly-installed-7970/10

The solution was to delete the CAP(Catalyst application profiles) and voilà everythign works.

Apparently this happens very often after installing a new Graca