The Latest Version of Skyrim

mike2977

What is the latest version of Skyrim?

I know I can load the game and from the player's screen, hit the ESC key and see the version in the lower left of the screen, but there may be times I want to know the version without starting the game first.

Bethesda's Blog strangely enought doesn't actually list the latest version on it; or at least I have not been able to find a link that shows the version and release date.

Could we either use this thread to post the latest version and release date, or point me to the right link/thread where it's readily avialble?

Go into your Skyrim folder and righthand click on the Tesv.exe, choose properties and then the details tab

That tells me what I already have (1.8.151.0) but what I am looking to know is what is the latest release from Bethesda. Especially if I have Steam automatic updates turned off so I don't scramble my many mods.

You can go to elderscrolls.com on the news feed but it only shows the latest info but if you select any of the news it takes you to bethblog.com witch is the best place to check out everything. When there is a new version out the details will be on bethblog.

I could be wrong but I think steam will auto dl it anyways I think that only works if you set it in offline mode.

Edited by Bloodinfested

You can go to elderscrolls.com on the news feed but it only shows the latest info but if you select any of the news it takes you to bethblog.com witch is the best place to check out everything. When there is a new version out the details will be on bethblog.

I could be wrong but I think steam will auto dl it anyways I think that only works if you set it in offline mode.

I still haven't seen a version and a release date on the Bethesda blog. If anyone has, please post a link to ther posting.

If you set Steam not to automatically update, it won't update; whether you're online or not. I use the app, "SkyrimUnplugged" available from Nexus, to either set or unset the auto-update feature from Steam.