Final attempt... let's have some humour here!

cumbrianlad

But fine for what ...a warning I wouldn't like but could survive. To appear in the Dr's new topic would be an anathema worse than death ... I only just got the spiffy new Premium designation.

It's about the only British-ism I know beyond "going like clappers" (not even close to swearing as far as I know).

I did work with a British lady at one time. One morning she asked me if I'd like to knock up her daughter. I said "Sure, but how old is she?".

Turns out she was high school age, but I knocked her up anyway (after all it was her Mom that asked me to ... as explained to the daughter after she answered the phone).

This is going quicker than Nexus's poor little servers can handle...

... what have I done?

Liked the bit about the daughter!

US expressions and UK ones are totally different...

... hence why you can swear in UK terms but not American.

"Going like the clappers" just means "Going as fast as you can"... Certainly not a swear word, colloquialism, at best. Definitely British, though.

This is going quicker than Nexus's poor little servers can handle...

... what have I done?

Liked the bit about the daughter!

US expressions and UK ones are totally different.

Rita (the Mom) and I had a great time with that for a long time afterwards. Somebody would come into the control room who didn't know anything about it and once they got within earshot I'd whisper loud enoud that they'd hear ...

Me - "So Rita, did you think about what I suggested ... that I try to knock up your daughter again?"

Rita (with no attempt a quietness) - "Oh yes would you .. she goes on and on about the last time, she'd be over the moon if you would."

The visitor wouldn't know whether to stay, leave, or call the cops.

Sorry ... I'm not much of a jokester in the traditional sense (though I'm certain that there have been plenty who considered me a joke ... I just consider the source and continue being me ... but then again, who else could I be??).

Aww...

this started as a simple protest. It's now 3:40 am UK time.

Just as it is getting good, I'm getting tired.

Keep up your fine "up-standing" work! (for the male half of the community)

Keep abreast of the humour (for the female half of the community)

Fair winds to you all!