Can't stop joining the imperials.

fortie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never support the Stormcloaks. First thing I did when I became a Werewolf was crush the heads of every Stormcloak soldier I could find. They are idiotic and stupid. My character is a High Elf, and trust me when I say the Gray quarter is an insult to more than just the Dunmer!

Regardless what you think of the story in Skyrim, not all is what it seems. There are MANY supporters of Ulfric who think he is stupid. They may hate Ulfric, but he is the only one with the power to rise up against, and return Talos to the Nords. The White-Gold Concordant was designed purely to cause strife in Skyrim. It was never meant to save the Empire.

The people of Skyrim, Not Ulfric, is who you should look to when choosing sides. Look at the Battle-Borns... They are horrible people who throw their lot in with the Thieves' Guild. The Gray-Manes are honorable, and though some of them are a bit racist, yes, they truly believe in the best for Skyrim. The Battle-Borns only care about how much coin they can make at the end of the day. The same can be said for other characters.

To understand the Stormcloaks isn't to look at the idiotic Emperor or Ulfric.. It's to look to all the people you encounter in Skyrim.. And what it means to be a citizen of Skyrim. Do you love Skyrim? Do you want to see it free of Thalmor influence? Want to know that the Thalmor can never hurt Skyrim again? Feel the Empire is only interested in Skyrim because without them they can't win the war? May consider the Stormcloaks

Feel like the Empire truly is what's best for Skyrim, and they would be crushed without it? Want to see everyone get along happily and lovey-dovey? Want a "Canon" ending? You should try the Empire, then. That's all I can say on that.

Just join the stormcloaks and complete the main quest sans motivation to do so aside from just doing it. That was the only way I could join them myself because there is just way to much wrong with joining a rebelion when the threat of war from other sources is looming.

As for the start of the game and going to the chopping block, TES has no courts, no judge, jury, or trials. You happened to stumble upon the imperials capturing a traitor and his guards along with a thief who also had nothing to do with them. The imperials have no idea that you were there by shear bad timing and as far as they are concerned you are just a traitor as well. either joining the rebelion or helping them in some other way. No court system so you can prove innocence and thus you go to the chopping block with the rest. Fate intervenes and you escape you need to realize that if you turned and ran off or stayed far enough back that they wouldnt suspect you when you came across the battle then YOU would not have put YOURSELF in that situation. The imperials were not rounding you up just to see a head roll, they were trying to stop a rebelion and letting a potential rebel walk free is not in the interest of the empire. Thus after i gain freedom i forgive them for it because It was my fault for being suspicious enough to be captured and if not my fault themn they were just doing what they needed to do. And so my potential beheading is not in any way a motivation to join a rebelion.

My other motivation for not joining them is the racist attitude they have for others. Sorry but I cannot side with racists or with a group that allows racism.

Thalmor issues is another one. Yeah i dislike the thalmor but it is much better to fight them and not the empire, even as an imperial soldier i kill Thalmor patrols and allow the prisoner to go free. I bring Torygs horn to a talos shrine and HOPE that the thalmor are there waiting. Subversion and guerila tactics to fight the Thalmor are whats needed because the thalmor are the enemy. Not the empire. Thus joining the imperials allows me the greater freedom to fight the thalmor and its bloody fun killing all of them in the fort they have.

Ulfric is by all marks a pawn of the Thalmor carefully manipulated into doing exactly what they want. Start a rebelion and win Skyrims independance. Divide and conguer, when all parts of the empire are no longer under one roof then they will have no reason to assist when the Thalmor start taking out your neighbors and plenty of reasons not to such as fortifying your own borders in preperation for defense against not only the Thalmor but your neighbor as well. Ulfric is also a politician making statements about loving Skyrim when he really is causing strife, hurt, and death of it and its people. If he really cared about the people and country then he wouldve worked with the other Jarls and convince them to take action together against the thalmor and unify under 1 banner. To set forth not only the destruction of the Thalmor in Skyrim but to also work together to deal with other serious issue such as the bandits that outnumber the good people 10 to 1. Once that is done then build up the country and its defenses to be able to gain independance for Skyrim but fortifying the borders and stopping the empire from entering. Thus not killing your neighbor and the empire. Motivation for not joining the Stormcloaks here is i am not willing to be a Thalmor pawn, rebelion against your own people is not the right way to do it, and Ulfric just wants all the power for himself and is willing to sacrifice the people to get it.

I had originally posted some spoilers, but had to remove them because this is a no spoiler place, but it gave a much more detailed explanation as to why you should join.

Pm it to me. I have finished skyrim several times

I wanted to join the Stormcloaks but then i talked to some "war hero" NPC (forgot his name),and he said that Ulfric only cares about the Nords,issues that other races having he ignores.

Also in Windhelm can see how the Nords treat the Dark Elves,so then i joined the Imperials.

The Gray-Mane letter is to the Empire what the dossier on Ulfric is to the Stormcloaks - the condemming piece of literature. In reality, both leaders are in bed with the Thalmor.

For every reason one gives that they can't side with one side, there seems to be an equivalent number in both quantity and scope that suggest you shouldn't be supporting the other either. If you put your own prejudices aside, you don't need anyone to convince you to join either side - the game will easily sway you in either direction.

Edited by fraquar

Doesn't help when I can't get a start that I'm happy with ha.

I use random alternative start.

Anyway, if I was to just base my choice off of the commanding officer I would always go with General Tullius I cannot stand Ulfrics racist Nord only attitude. Being racist is one thing honestly I'm partly racist myself but to claim that only nords should have skyrim is a little obnoxious in my opinion so Ulfric loses there.

Now if you listen to most of the stormcloak field commanders, most agree with ulfrics cause but not with ulfric himself. Now you also listen to the populace of skyrim, most either say straight out they want the empire but then there are the others that say ulfric fighting for the religion (talos) of skyrim. Ideally I would rather listen to more of the populace and do what is right for them. Hence forth I have a feeling that I'm going to join the stormcloaks. Not for ulfric but for the good of skyrim. As a Redguard I have made skyrim my home. Travelling my sword for hire I have learnt a lot about the inhabitants of skyrim. I have seen the cold heartedness of both the imperials and stormcloaks. But the Thalmor have no place in skyrim what so ever. All Thalmor shall die at my blade.