[WIP] Project NIRN - the Everything Patch

EnaiSiaion

This sounds really promising! :biggrin:

As a current user of SkyRe though, I'm a bit concerned about save file compatibility.

I'm guessing that if I wanted to switch over I'd have to start a new game?

The vanilla game (with Dragonborn) has a perk respec option. Ordinator will have a perk respec option (with or without Dragonborn). Does SkyRe have a respec option for its perks?

I think I already know the answer to that question, and it's called Vendor Lock-In.

I'm pretty sure SkyRe has a Respec Potion. :blink: (I've used it a few times.)

I guess I'm more concerned about crashes from information left behind in the save data by SkyRe. At this point, I've restarted so many times that it's not much of a concern; I'm just curious.

In any case, those rough draft perks look droolworthy! :biggrin:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love your doomstones.

also this looks cool so far. i love big numbers and i hate when otherwise cool mods of this sort think i'd ever notice a 1-3% increase in speed, attack speed, crit, chance to dodge, chance to eat salad at noon, fire damage spells have a 1% chance at causing fear if the target has armor, ten toes and once loved a boy... i especially like the situational type benefits of some of them you mentioned, like cheap illusion spell when you're hiding.

i hope if you overright the stealth perks you can replicate the stealth skills rebalanced stuff. i can't play without dificult lockpicking, sneaking fixes and such.

Edited by jackowonderful

The vanilla game actually has a number of very powerful perks, but they aren't spectacular enough because they 1/ are invisible and 2/ have 5 levels so you gain very little for each point.

• +60% fire damage is boring.
  • 15% chance to deal x4 damage? That's also +60% and less reliable but every once in a while you get a MASSIVE CRIT and that's awesome.

Ideally you want large benefits with skill based conditions so the player is rewarded for doing something cool he wouldn't otherwise think of doing (cfr hitting targets in the back with glacial spike in Apocalypse).

I'll get to stealth after magic, speech and melee. I want to stick with a logical group of trees before moving on to the next.

As for balance, the apprentice perks are meant to be relatively minor but also to be viable one pointers. If you actually intend to use the tree, you'll want to look at the adept perks, although these scale much harder with points and require a more serious investment. And the apprentice perks are meant to multiply with the adept perks so if you still have points to dedicate to the tree it will benefit from maxing out the apprentice perks as well (remember you can only max an adept perk at master level and an apprentice perk at expert level).

And for your dedication to a tree you get the expert and master perks. The master perk is always some sort of powerful power (heh). For instance, the destruction master power will probably be something like a toggle that increases spellpower and magicka cost.

Theoretically you can spend up to 45 points in one tree, but you probably won't need every perk in a tree (eg Conjuration has 3 distinct paths). I'm aiming for ~10 points to make a branch viable, ~15 points to get the most out of one branch, ~25 points to max out a branch and conquer the world with it. It is a fine line between making it too hard and boring and too easy and boring.

Edited by EnaiSiaion

are you planning to turn the speach into a voice tree like other mods tend to do? it make sense of course, but to me it always seems like moving a stealth skill onto magic, but with how pickpocket works all stealth stuff seems kinda like magic anyway i guess. or something like follower/group fortification. it'd be pretty difficult to get 45 points out of just the trade stuff with the + and minus full price system. maybe you could modify thunderbolt to gain the new combinations from the perks.

...why would I make two unrelated mods dependent on each other when this is the whole problem with SkyRe and the whole reason I'm doing this in the first place...

Speech tree does affect shouts, yes. But so do the individual trees (Dismay is affected by illusion perks, etc).

Yes, yes, shiny trees! Want many trees! Shiny! Big boom! Boom is good!

--

Speech tree draft (as currently implemented in Ordinator, not yet tested, subject to change etc etc).

This is one of the "small" trees along with the two Picking trees, so only 8 perks. I'm efficient.

1 Daylight Robbery Reduces buy prices of items by 10/20/30%.
2 Negotiate Truce
2 Echoing Shouts Shouts have 10/30/50% chance to go off twice in a row.
2 Words of Wisdom When shouting in combat, you gain 1/3/5 Magicka per skill level of Speech. Shouting in combat a number of times equal to 100/50/25% of your Speech skill level will increase your Speech skill level by 1.

3 Smooth Criminal (Power - 1/day) Convince a humanoid target to reduce their faction bounty on your head by 20/100/1000, up to 100/500/5000 max bounty.
3 Dirge Shouts are 50/100/150% more effective if the target is below 50% health.
3 Dragonblood Grants a 10/30/50% chance that your shout has a cooldown of 15/10/5 seconds.
4 Glib Salesman (Power - 1/day) Forces a humanoid/any target to barter with you, giving them 150/350 gold to barter with.

Fus-ro-DIE.

Also, at 100 speech and a bunch of perks, you can totally sell your dungeon loot to the wolves outside. That's something not a single godmode daedric weapon lets you do.

Proooooooobably a dumb question, but this will clash like two semi trucks in the same lane going in opposite directions on the interstate with SkyRe right? I already have Apocalypse spells. I think I may already have the thunderbolts mod shout too, I have a really good shout overhaul I stumbled across a while back that makes minor changes to every shout that makes them all much more playable without breaking anything or over or under powering anything.

• 2 weeks later...