How do I retexture using NifSkope

SirIdiot

ok the easiest method -

Open the nif in nifskope go to View then Block List and click on View Blocks in List

Now all you have to do is run down the list find the first BSShaderTextureSet change the textures to your new ones making sure the whatevertexture.dds and the whatevertexture_n.dds are replaced in the correct order. Make sure you read the default textures each time. Repeat for all the correct BSShaderTextureSets in the list if there is more then one.

Once done save as a new nif, name it whatever you want.

Move the new nif and textures to the appropriate folders. Open geck edit a power armor (remember to change the ID) replace the biped models for male and I think the female hand? and that should be it been awhile since i messed with armors.

(Side note: You only need to change the whatevertexture_n.dds if you add more detail like scratches, letters, emblem(s), a filter for unique texturing effects, I always make a new normal map)

Edited by DaemonGrin

Comment: You may also need to change the Normal Map to REMOVE things; and example is the ranger headgear. The star on the ranger helmet is duplicated in the normal map; if you wanted to remove it, you'd need a new Normal map.

Comment: You may also need to change the Normal Map to REMOVE things; and example is the ranger headgear. The star on the ranger helmet is duplicated in the normal map; if you wanted to remove it, you'd need a new Normal map.

Yeah forgot to mention that lol I've removed so many emblems, words, etc. I always make a normal because I know I will change something small and forget about it so to cover my butt nvidia normal filter gooooooo!