Skyrim is unstable

Jcmouy

I don´t know what to do, i have applied many mods, but its always the same, the game works sometimes very slow, it goes from 60fps tp 0 fps in a moment. Can you help me?

My PC specs are:

intel i5 2400 3.10

geforce nvida 560 1 gb

4 gb ram

Several ways to get things to work better.
Go back to the mods Readmes and check if any have conflicts with OTHER MODS- you may have to choose between one OR the other, not both.
IF that is all OK then....
1. use BOSS to order the load order better.
2. Install SKSE as some mods probably need it.
3. If all else fails, MAKE a LIST of your Mods and make sure you have those archive files stored
THEN Uninstall EVERYTHING, including Skyrim (Do keep your save games!)
Reinstall Skyrim only.
NOW install BOSS, SKSE and NMM (Nexus Mod Manager).
USE NMM to install All those mods and order them with BOSS.
Launch the Game thru NMM using the SKSE launch option.
It should now work better at least.
This all may take a while, but the results should improve the game.

ADDITIONAL: Be wary if you use Steam Workshop as it's install method differs from NMM's. (Hence NMM may in some cases be unable to recognise a Steam mod or may even conflict with it. I only use 1 or 2 Steam mods, ususally weapons. (less conflict as are addins.)
HTH, Brett

Edited by Brett41

One other note: I also have a 1gb video card and somethime I get warnings of low memory. (i have 6 Gb of Ram for the PC and a quadcore athlon CPU)

I checked and it seems to be a problem with the very large hi res texture (4096x4096) mods. I reduce them to 2048x2048 and its now very unusual to get that warning.

Looks like a 1.5 or 2gb card is in my future upgrade, or even 2 of them....

@brett41

regarding your issue, changing your graphic card even get 2 of it (just recal, 1 card 2 gb or 2 x card 2 gb = 2gb still) won't do anything as expected, if you're receiveing low mem msg, it's certainly because to many appli are running background, skyrim is using max 4 gb. so, if you don't know how optimizing Windows, no problems, give a try to a soft like Game booster or any other , shut down all your skype/mssenger/xfire etc..it will change your game life

anyway you're spec can't run 4096 high res textures without (huge) performances loss.

i have 1 gb vram card and 6 gb ram + i5, never ever have a low mem msg, i'm running also many high res texture (in fact all my game is in High res) but the lite one if it's in "store" :P

@@

Have you checked the size of your save game? Large save games will result in laggy gameplay. don't ask me why, but it could be the cause of your fps drops.

My current savegame is 10mb and everything seems fine. i had an issue with savegame bloat once (up to 150mb) and the game became unplayable.

You could try to start with a new character, see how that goes, i bet everything will be fine... Ofcourse that won't fix your other game :(

Good luck.

ok, thank you guys i wll try all of that things. i was wondering do you think my pc can handle skyrim hd- 2k textures?

More or less. It's not so much the bulk of the graphics that kill you as the shadows. Disable the shadows and you can get away with quite a bit graphics-wise.