Identity Politics....The Great Divider, Or, The Great Uniter?

edgeburner

@xray

Have you ever even been to the US or spent some time here?

I am simply trying to establish whether your credentials are other than 'a priori' for your societal critiques on the US.

Biden delinda est.

IMPEACH 46

@aurelius - yes i have been there and was stationed in texas in the late 1980ies and another time i spent a long holiday at the west coast from north to south border - incredibly beautiful with all the national parks including yosimite, yellowstone, grand canyon, death valley, mesa verde, redwood and zion, including a short trip to mexico. we drove about 7000 miles with a rental car. social live and interaction was even not perfect in the eighties. a presidency fomenting so many steps backwards in social interaction like the one in the last four years was beyond imagination at this time.

the problems we are debating here are also a global problem and not only u.s. related - just to get me right

@aurelius - yes i have been there and was stationed in texas in the late 1980ies and another time i spent a long holiday at the west coast from north to south border - incredibly beautiful with all the national parks including yosimite, yellowstone, grand canyon, death valley, mesa verde, redwood and zion, including a short trip to mexico. we drove about 7000 miles with a rental car. social live and interaction was even not perfect in the eighties. a presidency fomenting so many steps backwards in social interaction like the one in the last four years was beyond imagination at this time.

the problems we are debating here are also a global problem and not only u.s. related - just to get me right

Really, which base? I was stationed at Corpus Christi NAS in the mid 80's.

you are really funny. do you ask seriously or are you just kidding ? i don't now your u.s laws but at least i know the topics i do better not talk about in public threads or gamer forums and by the way you are plain off topic. it seems i talked already too much. but you are free to tell me all about your military career! :)

No, I am asking seriously. Even our military isn't real pushy about talking about where you are stationed. (depending of course, on just where that is.)

I was stationed at K. I. Sawyer AFB in the upper peninsula of Michigan, back in the early 80's. We had B-52's, and F 106's.... (SAC base.) Of course, SAC no longer exists as an entity, and the base is now Marquette International Airport..... I think it closed shortly after I left. (I am quite sure the two events are NOT related......)