Quest Problem The path of knowledge! Missing Cubes

Erdelord

Hello Guys, I'm having trouble with this part of the quest, every time I enter the next door to get the second cube, or it just does not appear. Must be a bug in the DLC. If anyone has experienced a similar problem please help me. I tried to add the Cube in control player.additem xx0173bb more so the parameter is not found.

http://i50.tinypic.com/wty6x5.jpg

Thanks Everyone.

Yes, it's a bug, try loading an older save. You can try advancing the stage quest, but in the end you would either, miss alot causing dissatisfaction, or more bugs.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:The_Path_of_Knowledge

Bottom list contains the stage id.

Console >

setstage DLC2MQ04 <stage id>

Not sure if the unofficial dragonborn patch fixes it.

Edited by cycloney911

Yes, it's a bug, try loading an older save. You can try advancing the stage quest, but in the end you would either, miss alot causing dissatisfaction, or more bugs.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:The_Path_of_Knowledge

Bottom list contains the stage id.

Console >

setstage DLC2MQ04 <stage id>

Not sure if the unofficial dragonborn patch fixes it.

I tried to move the stage, but I could not because I need to read the Black Book, and I can not add to the console. I hope they make a patch or something that can help.

• 2 months later...

Had this bug, fixed it by typing player.additem 040173bb in the console.

Don't know if everyone already knew that but thought it might be helpful if anyone else got this bug, 'cause it took me a little while to get the item ID right when I couldn't find it without the xx at the start...

Actually the first "xx" code is different for everybody. It depends on your load order of dragonborn.esp. An easy way to find the item code for anything is to just type

help "item name" 4

into the console and it should show you the code for the item.

So for the control cube you would type

help "control cube" 4

And the item code (as well as the varying first two characters) will pop up

• 5 months later...

Thanks to Cazymar and Tehandyman, I was able to finish this quest. Reloading did not work for me. I would also suggest saving often and only adding 1 cube at a time, as needed.

• 2 years later...

Actually the first "xx" code is different for everybody. It depends on your load order of dragonborn.esp. An easy way to find the item code for anything is to just type

help "item name" 4

into the console and it should show you the code for the item.

So for the control cube you would type

help "control cube" 4

And the item code (as well as the varying first two characters) will pop up

Correct, load order will vary. Here I was trying with 04 without remembering that when I downloaded the unofficial patch for Skyrim, it was pushed to 05. Thank you for reminding us about this bit of code!

• 3 years later...

Had this bug, fixed it by typing player.additem 040173bb in the console.

Don't know if everyone already knew that but thought it might be helpful if anyone else got this bug, 'cause it took me a little while to get the item ID right when I couldn't find it without the xx at the start...

Note that 040173BB was case sensitive for me...