Stupid question

nimrodmagic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you referring to skse64_loader.exe? I download it and put it in the skyrim directory. when I click it the game begins but I don't understand where is vortex in the loop?

Vortex handles the mods. Skse provides functionality to specific mods that need the script extensions. You can link them though it is unnecessary. Also I suggest alt start as mods break the start of the game.

I decided to start new. I uninstalled vortex. re installed it. followed the instructions in this vid :

step by step. installed alternative beginning (and only it) and enabled it, and tried launching the game through vortex.

I'm in the damn wagon.

What am I doing wrong?????? it drives me crazy.

what do you mean installing? I have skyrim SE, I followed the instructions in the vid. at no point he says anything about LE/Se folders. I just created a new folder under steam folder and installed the mods there as he said.

by the way at no point I've encountered an LE folder. I have no idea what it is.

I didn't say SE or LE folders, I asked if you are downloading Special Edition mods or Legendary Edition mods. SE mods will work on Skyrim SE and LE will not. Numerous users mix up which they are downloading because they are on the wrong site pages.

If you open your game folder, there where skse64_loader.exe and SkyrimSE.exe is, you can also see a folder with the name; Data.

If you open that folder, can you see *.bsa. *.esm, *.esp or *.esl files? For example Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp. All the normal installation is already there, like Dawnguard, HearthFires, Dragonborn, but your installed mods need to be there too.

If it is not, then you did't told your mod manager where to install the mods.

As I said I left vortex. I manually put the above mod in the data folder. Launched the game through the skse64 (and also through the original launcher). In both cases the mod doesn't work. BTW when I enter mods tab in the game I see that mod in my library (eventhough it has no thumbnail, like its grayed out). This is so weird.