CTD when exiting the arcane university cell.

ToadsageZeny

Just as the title says, My game crashes whenever I try to leave the arcane university grounds via the door to the outer walls of the imperial district or via fast travel. I can use "Movetoqt" to get out of the cell without it crashing and I don't experience this issue anywhere else. If I leave via "movetoqt" command and return to the arcane university the issue occurs again.

I have tried cleaning dirty mods via tes4edit, running my load order through BOSS and rebuilt my bash patch. I can enter and exit the arcane university with all of the same mods loaded on an alt character without issue, I've tried reproducing the issue on the alt but everything seems to be working fine.

Any help or ideas as to why this happened would be greatly appreciated.

My load order:

Edited by ToadsageZeny

Try the "coc center" trick.

In the console type in coc center and then hit Enter. You will transported to an open plain with some trees in the distance that is outside of the game world. Using the in-game wait menu wait 3 days plus a bit for good measure (so 72 hours plus a few). Open the console again and coc ICArcaneUniversityArchMagesTowerLobby (or another location code from the list on this UESP Wiki page).

If your crash was due to a script or something that would reset on a cell reset it should be resolved.

CTD when I enter the coc command. I also tried "movetoqt" and waiting the for 3+ days and that didn't work. also the coc command does not seem to do anything after I've left the cell using movetoqt. "coc enter" also does nothing on my alt character. It might be useful to know that I am running the steam version of oblivion, not sure if that makes a difference.

Update: I just enter Midas's shop (Midas spells mod) on my alt character, talked to him, exited the shop and that seems to have recreated the issue on this character now.

I have no idea how to resolve this issue

Edited by ToadsageZeny

CTD when I enter the coc command. I also tried "movetoqt" and waiting the for 3+ days and that didn't work. also the coc command does not seem to do anything after I've left the cell using movetoqt. "coc enter" also does nothing on my alt character. It might be useful to know that I am running the steam version of oblivion, not sure if that makes a difference.

Update: I just enter Midas's shop (Midas spells mod) on my alt character, talked to him, exited the shop and that seems to have recreated the issue on this character now.

I have no idea how to resolve this issue

Just as a FYI ... coc enter is not a valid use of the coc command. The command coc requires a valid location as a target (the center part of getting you to that place outside of the game world or the ICArcaneUniversityArchMagesTowerLobby part of bringing you back to the Imperial City Arcane University Arch-Mage's Tower Lobby as shown in the list of valid location codes found in the top right corner of that UESP Wiki page I linked for you).

The Enter part is the Enter key on your keyboard, not a valid location code in the game.