[LE] Gaps in ground on custom worldspace

MesaSolar

I ran into this issue in Fallout 4 as well but never found a fix for it. I have blue gaps in the ground that look like sky on a custom worldspace. I tried deleting it and starting over but it's still there.

Any idea what could cause this and how to fix it?

Did you just start that worldspace? I had the same trouble. I just started a world space and it looked like a flat plane in the CK. I coc'd into it and the cell levels were all over the place. I could drop from one square to the next. Started over and the same thing.

Don't know it this would work for you but it did for me. Made a new worldspace again and in the CK I made changes to the terrain of the first cell dragging it a little up and then flattening it. Then I coc'd into the worldspace and things looked right. Try just doing a little terraforming and adding some statics before checking the cell. The CK is often wonky.

Did you just start that worldspace? I had the same trouble. I just started a world space and it looked like a flat plane in the CK. I coc'd into it and the cell levels were all over the place. I could drop from one square to the next. Started over and the same thing.

Don't know it this would work for you but it did for me. Made a new worldspace again and in the CK I made changes to the terrain of the first cell dragging it a little up and then flattening it. Then I coc'd into the worldspace and things looked right. Try just doing a little terraforming and adding some statics before checking the cell. The CK is often wonky.

I found a work around. Duplicated a different worldspace then just deleted everything, flattened the terrain and started from scratch that way. I bit of a pain, but it eliminates those gaps.

So the problem is back. When I coc into the worldspace everything looks fine. I have plenty of terraforming, added mountains, etc. But if I travel to the space through a autoload door, the cells are all over the place. Some gaps big enough that you have to jump between cells. I spent a lot of time on this space so far and really don't want to scrap it. Anyone else run into this problem? How the hell do I fix it?

I *think i figured out a solution. But a little hesitant. I duplicated my world then generated LOD (even though it's nowhere near done) and the gaps and cells seem to be back in the right place. Really hoping this isn't a recurring issue. If anyone knows what causes this I'd really appreciate the info.