menien goneld

locke118

could some make a mod so i can save menien goneld from oblivion in the breaking the seige quest ( it think thats what its called... ) anyway thanks

Wouldn't be lore friendly. Those cages only open from the bottom. He'd just fall to his death. You can open some of those cages in some other Gate worlds. He is essential, though, and I'm not sure if there is a lever for it, so you could always let him fall to his death and pretend you saved him normally.

Anyway, as it stands, this is an essentially useless mod, saving an essentially useless character. Unless you want some massive change that allows him to join the blades with you and have him as a companion (that starts with no armour, hence, useless) then I don't see what you're fussing about.

Daww I felt bad for leaving that guy behind when I clearly could haev tried to save him or at least just end his life... It would be neat being to free him and seeing him later just drinking brewskies in Anvil or somewhere.

Alas, Like Vincent said, the cages open from the bottom so you would only be able to kill him dead.

Actually Vincent, the game never says what Goneld's fate is. It's assumed that he somehow died, but all in all that acutally looks almost like an anomaly on BethSoft's part. After all, Ilend Vonius is sent out of the gate when you close it, as are other Nirnites, so why not Goneld? Also, the cage is resting on a large, solid glass floor with wire inlay. Arguably if one replaced the cage with, say, one from the Boethia quest (minus the ornamentation that's present), it could be easy to rescue and recruit him. After all, the more the merrier at the Battle of Bruma.

Actually Vincent, the game never says what Goneld's fate is. It's assumed that he somehow died, but all in all that acutally looks almost like an anomaly on BethSoft's part. After all, Ilend Vonius is sent out of the gate when you close it, as are other Nirnites, so why not Goneld? Also, the cage is resting on a large, solid glass floor with wire inlay. Arguably if one replaced the cage with, say, one from the Boethia quest (minus the ornamentation that's present), it could be easy to rescue and recruit him. After all, the more the merrier at the Battle of Bruma.

Well, unless you plan on changing the type of cage to the one from Camoran's Paradise, then he falls out the bottom, through the air and to his doom. That's why there are spikes there.

End of story, really... Well... actually... it's quite close to the start!

Yeah. I may a cruel and heartless male without a father, but Menien Goneld didn't deserve that. He looked far too deperate and middle-aged to be stuck in a sanctum of torture and pain.

Also, how would he fall out the bottom if the cage from the Tournament of Ten Bloods or the cage from the Forbidden Grotto took the place of the current one? They open to the side, and as I already said, the cage he's stuck in rests on a very solid glass-ish platform. He'd just, y'know, walk out of the cage and start following the player. Plus, since he's technically only useful for one thing in the main quest in the Vanilla game, his scripting and AI are perfectly clean slates for a prospective companion or later soldier at one of the major forays. Perhaps he would volunteer to accompany the player into the depths of Sancre Tor, or Miscarcand, or perhaps serve as a field commander in the Battle of Bruma under Martin? The possibilities are many...