One Skyrim Two Users. Not the usual question.

atherous

Good morning/day/evening ladies and gents!

So recently my girly has decided she wants to play skyrim and she has to play on my rig because her laptop cant handle the epic-ness. neither of which is an issue to me. Here is my issue, this is here first play through on skyrim so i only have her running on some bug-fix and graphics mods. Nothing really game changing. Now me on the other hand i run more mods than id like to admit. So here is my question, what would be the best way to toggle the mods when we are switching playing. The only really viable option i can come up with is creating a separate copy of skyrim in its own directory for her. Before i did that i was wondering if there was an easier or more effective way to do this. I really don't want to constantly toggle 20+mods each time one of us is playing.

Thanks in advance.

Make two Skyrim folders a hers and your if you will. Simply add a letter to the name of the one you're not using or create a .bat file to toggle. Skyrim - xSkyrim. I use this more for editing but should work fine for your use too. Edited by Jason2112

If your running Win7, then this is quite an easy one to remedy.

Set her up with her own user account on the PC. All her save games will be stored in her My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves folder. Her plugin.txt file will be saved in her AppData\Local\Skyrim\ folder. You plugin.txt file is in your AppData\Local\Skyrim\ folder.