Keyboard cruise control for disabled player

Zerin99

Sorry if there is a separate SkyrimSE forum thread for SE mods, but I don't have much time to look.

I was wondering if someone could create a mod for me that helps a disabled player use key commands with voice dictation software. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to input keyboard commands but there is no command to hold a key down for an extended period of time (that I know of anyway) so I'm stuck giving movement commands basically one step at a time repeating "press up" over and over. It takes forever to get anywhere.

I play the game World of Warships which has a form of cruise control where I can say press up once and the ship increases throttle to 1/4, I say "press up" again and it goes to 1/2 speed. If I say "press down" the throttle slows down back to 1/4. If I say press down again it stops. You probably get the picture.

Could a mod be created to replicate a form of this system in Skyrim? It would help immensely.

Would using the games auto run feature help at all? I think it's bound to the C key by default, but I may be wrong.

The only mod I could find that currently exists that has voice commands is one called "Way of the Voice" which has a variety of voice commands for using spells and accessing certain menus it seems.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16379

Thanks for the response

Would using the games auto run feature help at all? I think it's bound to the C key by default, but I may be wrong.

The only mod I could find that currently exists that has voice commands is one called "Way of the Voice" which has a variety of voice commands for using spells and accessing certain menus it seems.

My voice commands have the exact same effect as someone pressing a key with their finger. I'm not sure how the auto run works but I'll look into it, but I think more of what I was looking for was a way to alter the game so it would read a single keystroke as if the user pressed the key down and held it.

-Edit

looks like auto run will help, is there way to get a little bit more fine tuned controls, so like a auto walk, auto run, auto backpedal?

Edited by Zerin99

You can turn on the auto move feature.

You can then toggle between walk, run and sneak as desired.

Unfortunately there is no backwards other than pressing S.

Default keybinds

Auto move = C

Walk / run toggle = Caps Lock

Sneak = Ctrl

SKSE does have functions for holding a key and then releasing the key. So... it would be possible to have a key held down but there would have to be some way to get the voice commands to trigger the SKSE functions. That, however, is knowledge beyond my understanding.

Thanks for the response

My voice commands have the exact same effect as someone pressing a key with their finger. I'm not sure how the auto run works but I'll look into it, but I think more of what I was looking for was a way to alter the game so it would read a single keystroke as if the user pressed the key down and held it.

-Edit

looks like auto run will help, is there way to get a little bit more fine tuned controls, so like a auto walk, auto run, auto backpedal?

That should work thank you very much.