On startup "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000

Hey, I am having this problem with Fo3 whenever I try to start the game from the splash screen I get this error. I posted it here because there would be more traffic, so sorry if this is not aloud. I have no mods installed, and have tried several clean installs from a disc and the steam version. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have SP 1. I want to play Tale of two Wastelands but it isn't working because of fallout 3 atm. I did several scans with AVG and there was nothing detected. Thanks for your help.

The error is "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

Edited by RepublicOfDavnation

What exactly have you got in your FO3 install? TTW is for New Vegas, it uses assets from FO3, it doesn't run from it. If you've tried to install TTW into FO3 then you will have problems, 0xc000007b usually results from corrupted files.

If your problem is just TTW related then we can't really help, the mod was removed from here and as such it shouldn't really be discussed.

What exactly have you got in your FO3 install? TTW is for New Vegas, it uses assets from FO3, it doesn't run from it. If you've tried to install TTW into FO3 then you will have problems, 0xc000007b usually results from corrupted files.

If your problem is just TTW related then we can't really help, the mod was removed from here and as such it shouldn't really be discussed.

TTW is besides the problem, I was just giving details on the problem. I know how to install it.

So what do you mean by?

I want to play Tale of two Wastelands but it isn't working with fallout 3

The error you refer to maybe the result of a faulty drive or plain corrupted files, run CHKDSK.

Hey, I am having this problem with Fo3 whenever I try to start the game from the splash screen I get this error. I posted it here because there would be more traffic, so sorry if this is not aloud. I have no mods installed, and have tried several clean installs from a disc and the steam version. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have SP 1. I want to play Tale of two Wastelands but it isn't working with fallout 3 atm. I did several scans with AVG and there was nothing detected. Thanks for your help.

The error is "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

You say that you are running from FO3 here, what do you mean? You can't run TTW from FO3 like Jim said. Have you tried running as administrator from NV and checking your LO etc etc?

Hey, I am having this problem with Fo3 whenever I try to start the game from the splash screen I get this error. I posted it here because there would be more traffic, so sorry if this is not aloud. I have no mods installed, and have tried several clean installs from a disc and the steam version. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have SP 1. I want to play Tale of two Wastelands but it isn't working with fallout 3 atm. I did several scans with AVG and there was nothing detected. Thanks for your help.

You say that you are running from FO3 here, what do you mean? You can't run TTW from FO3 like Jim said. Have you tried running as administrator from NV and checking your LO etc etc?

Ignore anything about TTW, I know how to use it, I just want help with Fallout 3.

• 2 weeks later...