How to Install Morrowind Plug-ins

Baphomet

hi all,

Ethereal Nature here.

im trying to download mod's for morrowind (no expansions) and every time i just get a white page with gibberish on it after i click on download what do i do to get the mods.

and where can i get a cape i SOOOO want one for my thief

Plz Reply Soon.

Bye from

Ethereal Nature

(P.S. how do i get a signiture?)

Edited by Ethereal Nature

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im trying to download mod's for morrowind (no expansions) and every time i just get a white page with gibberish on it after i click on download what do i do to get the mods.

Take a good look at the URL. If it's ended with .zip, .rar or whatever, the browser's probably trying to open it as a web page. (I've had this happen with WMV files sometimes.)

You should be able to save it (that's Files -> Save As...) and it should work fine.

and where can i get a cape i SOOOO want one for my thief

Hie thee unto PlanetElderScrolls and search their mod database for "cape". Seek and ye shall (hopefully) find.

(P.S. how do i get a signiture?)

See the link up top called "My Controls"? In there. Under "Personal Profile".

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. interesting.

Just a quick thing:

How do i install face meshes or whatever?

Can someone explain in laymens terms please? Because i did extract the files to the Data Files section, however the faces are the same..

For example, i downloaded a module that would create 16m and 12f faces for the Nord race. However, upon installation, i still see the same shrivled features of the Nords that i had prior to the installation.

As it says in the very first post in this thread, you may sometimes need to manually extract files by clicking and dragging from the zip file into the appropriate folders in Data Files. There are a bunch of tips in this thread. Please make sure you've read everything properly before posting a question. Thanks. ^^

Because WinZip can't handle .ACE, .RAR and a few other compressed file types. Quite a few mod makers are compressing their mods using .RAR or .ACE these days so obviuosly we need a file compression utility that will handle them. Personally I think PowerArchiver is one of the best (but it's not freeware!).

I am sorry, but that's incorrect, because i have Winzip, and have not had any problems with extracting .rar-type files. You need to activate that specific type when you set up the programme.

To the mod - Thanks for your reply, but i meant in simpler terms, i have a high IQ, and am pretty intelligent however, with computers, i'm retarded haha.

Thanks.

>:( This is really bothering me, I’ve placed the meshes into the mesh folder and the textures into their folder from the “emma’s wood elf heads” file I downloaded and placed the plug-in data file in the data files area. Yes, I’ve activated it in the construction set and saved it yet the damned thing still won’t work... Any suggestions?

Some of emma's mods have got little quirks on playing. I had one where I had to manually change the ini file to get it to work. She is usually pretty quick at replying to queries raised with her through her site and I suggest you try that. One thing, several of these mods only work when you start a new game and do not change your existing games. That could also be a reason.

This could also apply to you Dullahan.

Edited by Malchik

Some of emma's mods have got little quirks on playing. I had one where I had to manually change the ini file to get it to work. She is usually pretty quick at replying to queries raised with her through her site and I suggest you try that. One thing, several of these mods only work when you start a new game and do not change your existing games. That could also be a reason.

Hmm.. interesting..

Thanks! Whenever i install a bunch of plug-ins, i always start a new game :-)

Many thanks to you on my part as well, I'll look into her site when I find it. *Bowness*