Let's talk about Functional Displays

Lynna

So, I love the idea of this mod. I used it extensively for ages before I realized that it was the reason that I would CTD half the time as I exited a building. I would really love to use this mod. I even re-installed it recently because I wanted to see if some of my other mods would overwrite the nifs that were cause things to be turned backwards and possibly fix the whole CTD thing. Well, it didn't. I have a bunch of "Collection" mods right now, and I'll be using OCDecorator to place them in my house, but I would really love a functional functional displays.

Does anyone have any suggestions on an alternative, or a way of making it actually work in game? Or, maybe there's someone out there that knows modding better than I (I can work FO4edit to resolve conflicts, but that's the extent of my knowledge) that feels the same way and wants to go in and fix this long abandoned project.

Anyone else out there love the mod but won't install it because of it's bugginess? Is there something out there that does a similar function and I just haven't noticed it?

Thanks everyone!

Lynna

In the comment thread for the mod, I found this:

CTD Fix: In the meshes folder I deleted every fold except the functional displays folder and it has appeared to have completely fixed the ctd issue as I have now played hours without a single crash while fast traveling all around when it used to crash every 5-15 minutes.

No idea if that will actually work for you.... The author is still active, (last logged in Oct 18....) but, the mod hasn't been updated in years. I don't think he is responding in the thread any more either..... Didn't dig too deeply into that though.