Shop owner

imez

Hello!

I don't know how the CK works when it comes to stuff like this so I can't offer any technical assistance.

I like money. I like trade. I want "investing" in a business to go beyond 500gp.

What I would like:

Simply, I want to run my own shop.

I want to hire staff

I want to stock it with things I've gathered or crafted.

I want to be able to sell stolen goods to them.

It seems like a massive job and possibly even beyond Skyrim's capabilities. Let me know if anyone's keen!

Thank-you!

P.S.

I have searched for this request and/or mod. If i have missed it and posted a commonly asked for mod, I apologize.

Sincerely, iMez
(Mez Odin - Wood Elf)

Hi,

Yeah I know you can do it through the speech skill and being a member of the TG. I wanted to start my own store though with my own hired vendor, that I can stock with random weapons trinkets etc. I find in dungeons :)

If it transfered ownership of items to the hired merchant, it would prevent items from being considered "stolen," but, like sloth said, it may be difficult to script NPCs who actually buy things.

I believe there were mods that did this for the previous games, though, so it should be possible.

You could still make it so you hire staff and get a random amount of gold a day (200-600) to make it seem like you have had customers.

Your staff but things from other traders and sell them aswell as anything you bring in like any other shop in skyrim?

I am actively developing a mod with merchant-related questlines. It is called Bards & Merchants. It should be released by the end of March.

The first release will contain the following stores:

White River Trader (Fishmonger/General Goods)
Northland Creamery (Creamery)
The Golden Sheaf (Bakery)
Prairie Foods (Butcher/Traditional Foods)

Each store has a storyline available that will allow you to work there. You can make a little money, and you will get ownership of a small room where you can sleep and store your things. If you continue the storyline, and if you save up enough money, you may be allowed to buy the enterprise. Buying is a big investment, but then you get to keep 100% of the profits. You also get ownership of the entire residence and can move your family there.

The basic design is that the NPC who owns the store will hire you to do certain jobs, which escalate. Eventually, you've worked there long enough that they will let you buy the place if you have the gold.

You can also marry two of the shopkeepers, in which case you become the owner of the store (along with the NPC). The two NPC shopkeepers you can't marry are Ronan Gray-Mane (who owns Prairie Foods) and Tilda Battle-Born (who owns The Golden Sheaf).

When you own the store, you have to keep it stocked, and then you can go to the counter and choose to work for a set amount of time. The time passes instantly (like supernastypants did it in the BYOH mod), and the script calculates what you sold and how much you earned based on your inventory.

The second release will contain two more enterprises:

Riften Distillery (yet to be named)

Storyline: Have you ever wondered why there is plenty of mead but no hard liquor anywhere in Skyrim? Well, it seems spirits are frowned upon. Sort of a mini-prohibition. But, if you become influential enough in Riften by becoming a thane or progressing far enough in the Thieves Guild questline, you can reopen the Riften Distillery and make aquavit. If you become a thane in other holds, you can try to use your thane status to convince each jarl to let you export your aquavit to their hold.

The Blind Dragon
Storyline: A large inn/tavern near Whiterun that sits majestically atop a hill on the road that leads north toward Dawnstar. The Blind Dragon is so named because it was well-known that the tavern has a special room in the back where illegal liquor from Riften was served, but everyone turned a blind eye. The place was quite famous for a while, and some of Skyrim’s most renowned bards performed in that very room in the back. It is rumored that the previous owner crossed the jarl in some way. For whatever reason, the guards started doing raids. Eventually, the place was shuttered. If you can convince the jarl to allow you to restore the Blind Dragon to its former glory, you can own the premier tavern/inn in Skyrim. There is a workshop within where you can craft and sell musical instruments.

I am actively developing a mod with merchant-related questlines. It is called Bards & Merchants. It should be released by the end of March.

The first release will contain the following stores:

White River Trader (Fishmonger/General Goods)

Northland Creamery (Creamery)

The Golden Sheaf (Bakery)

Prairie Foods (Butcher/Traditional Foods)

Each store has a storyline available that will allow you to work there. You can make a little money, and you will get ownership of a small room where you can sleep and store your things. If you continue the storyline, and if you save up enough money, you may be allowed to buy the enterprise. Buying is a big investment, but then you get to keep 100% of the profits. You also get ownership of the entire residence and can move your family there.

The basic design is that the NPC who owns the store will hire you to do certain jobs, which escalate. Eventually, you've worked there long enough that they will let you buy the place if you have the gold.

You can also marry two of the shopkeepers, in which case you become the owner of the store (along with the NPC). The two NPC shopkeepers you can't marry are Ronan Gray-Mane (who owns Prairie Foods) and Tilda Battle-Born (who owns The Golden Sheaf).

When you own the store, you have to keep it stocked, and then you can go to the counter and choose to work for a set amount of time. The time passes instantly (like supernastypants did it in the BYOH mod), and the script calculates what you sold and how much you earned based on your inventory.

The second release will contain two more enterprises:

Riften Distillery (yet to be named)

Storyline: Have you ever wondered why there is plenty of mead but no hard liquor anywhere in Skyrim? Well, it seems spirits are frowned upon. Sort of a mini-prohibition. But, if you become influential enough in Riften by becoming a thane or progressing far enough in the Thieves Guild questline, you can reopen the Riften Distillery and make aquavit. If you become a thane in other holds, you can try to use your thane status to convince each jarl to let you export your aquavit to their hold.

The Blind Dragon

Storyline: A large inn/tavern near Whiterun that sits majestically atop a hill on the road that leads north toward Dawnstar. The Blind Dragon is so named because it was well-known that the tavern has a special room in the back where illegal liquor from Riften was served, but everyone turned a blind eye. The place was quite famous for a while, and some of Skyrim’s most renowned bards performed in that very room in the back. It is rumored that the previous owner crossed the jarl in some way. For whatever reason, the guards started doing raids. Eventually, the place was shuttered. If you can convince the jarl to allow you to restore the Blind Dragon to its former glory, you can own the premier tavern/inn in Skyrim. There is a workshop within where you can craft and sell musical instruments.

Wow. That sounds amazing!!!!