Missing dwarven crossbow items in crafting list.

nick05

Hi all,

Basically I have a problem where I am unable to craft any of the Dwarven crossbow items including bolts and enhancements, the options are just not in my crafting list........

I have done all the side quests for the enhanced and enchanted schematics and yes I am trying at the forge in dawnguard, I can craft the steel crossbow and bolts but not the dwarven.

Any ideas ?? :S

P.S I have all crafting perks unlocked and my smithing skill is at 100 obviously.

Crossbows and the like are only craftable from Galmar's forge in Fort Dawnguard, you cant just make them anywhere.

Sop that could be your problem.

Nope, got the schematics, went to Galmar's forge, still can't craft it.

Crossbows and the like are only craftable from Galmar's forge in Fort Dawnguard, you cant just make them anywhere.

Did you talk to the chick and make sure she's selling them?

Did you talk to the chick and make sure she's selling them?

Eyyup

I've had this problem too, any/all help is appreciated!

Hey Bud, I have managed to fix mine now,

Do you have SkyUI installed ?

I uninstalled SKyUI, loaded game, saved then reloaded SkyUI, job done,

Hope it helps you too ?

I didn't have SkyUI installed at the time, no. I have it installed now, I'm absolutely in love with it. I guess if it comes down to it, I don't mind using the console to get it in. Skyrim is a Bethesda game after all, so it's gonna have its share of bugs

• 7 months later...

Okay, I've found this thread after having run into the same problem and I think I found the solution...it is NOT a bug!

After Sorine sends you on the FIRST mission to retreive dwemer scematics and upon your return, it is actually not the dwarven crossbow that is added to the crafting list, but the advanced crossbow. It'll take a few more runs after ancient dwarven technology for the actual dwarven crossbow to be craftable!

It took me a while to figure this out, but in the end it was pretty obvious and easy to solve: I loaded a savegame before turning in that FIRST dwemer scematic and tried the forge --> "Crossbow" was the only thing I could craft. I then talked to Sorine, turned in the quest and scematic, went back to the forge and voilá: "Crossbow" and right next came the "Advanced Crossbow".

So there you have it. It's a misunderstanding. You can even google for this and you'll find a youtube video. Turns out to get the real thing, this is bound to a special quest location rather than a radiant location where you just grab that thing out of a box after dealing with some petty bandits. It is a dwarven ruin with a nice touch to it, specially build for this mission and worthy of aquiring such a strong weapon. :D

Hope that helps. :smile:

Edited by Salah-ad Din