Help: NPCs sinking into bar stools? (Screenshot and load order)

KenG10

• 1 month later...

I am getting a problem that is somewhat similar. It happens to my character though whenever she sits in any seat that isn't at a table or bar. Like if she isn't leaning on a table surface. She sits down and the animation plays fine, but it is canted towards the right (left in first person) by about 45 degrees. The result is she is facing the wrong direction and sitting half off the seat. This happens on benches, chairs, etc. The only exceptions are seats at tables. Every other character in game seems to be fine. I haven't seen any sinking into stools or having the same issue I have.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking into it for a little while now, and got no where.

I personally believe it's a bug introduced by 1.9.32.0.8 as it appeared in my game just after update.

I have been looking into it for a little while now, and got no where.

I personally believe it's a bug introduced by 1.9.32.0.8 as it appeared in my game just after update.

That is what I have determined too. Tried a separate install of Skyrim with no DLC or mods and still get the damn bug. It is a few sitting animations in general which are bugged. NPCs sink into stools because it registers them as benches or tables. The PC sit animation for sitting at benches is horribly screwed. It is specifically the animation where you approach and look at the seat while sitting down. (The slower animation of the lot.)

Not sure what to do other than maybe give the USKP a heads up if they haven't gotten one already.

• 2 weeks later...