Help: NPCs sinking into bar stools? (Screenshot and load order)

KenG10

Nope! :confused: It seems a common bug, but not much interest out there in fixing it.

I had a lot more success with the lip sync bug which turned up at the same time; patch 1.9.32.0.8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe I said "I have the fix" ;D

I noticed NPCs would be sunk into their chairs whenever I entered a tavern (or at least some would be). I realized after watching them that whenever I would actually watch them sit down, (even if they were sunk before) they would sit normally. So it had to be something before I came into the room...

I solved it by adding a script to the NPC's that performs a moveto() command to make sure they are not sitting when the cell loads. This is where I noticed the problem to be. So even though I moved them their AI will still tell them to sit back down if that is what they were meant to be doing so.

• 2 months later...

Was this issue ever truly fixed by a mod or unofficial patch? I still notice this issue in the various Inns and Taverns.

• After installing Hearthfire, some chairs may be glitched in some instances. People sitting on these chairs will sit through the chair, as if the chair's real form is lower than the displayed form. Standing up after this occurs may result in the appearance of standing inside the chair. -from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Glitches
Edited by Kuldebar

Hi kuldebar, the bug disappeared for me but I am struggling to remember how. I think if was something to do with dragonborn DLC but i also thought it was introduced by the 1.9.somthing patch so I don't think I am remembering correctly.

If I do remember I let u know :blush:

..... actually I think one of the unofficial patches fixed it. If your not using them I STRONGLY recommend u do. :thumbsup: